Axiom Home Page
Posted By: SkyDriver Temp Sub Hookup - 12/09/03 02:12 AM
I would like to thank all of you for your technical expertise, while choosing speakers. I went with this company called Bose. Ever heard of them?! J/K… After listening to spiffnme's speakers, I bought the Axioms, they should be here on Thursday. I got the VP150, QS8’s, M22’s and for the moment, I included the EP175. I’m still looking at a few other subs that have been recommended on this site (HSU/SVS- or others you may recommend). I got a question for you all. I've already wired my walls for a 7.1 system. During sub placement, is it possible to use the binding post (+ /-) to wire the sub, temporally of course, before I buy 30+ feet of sub wire to run in the wall? This is to save some bucks during speaker placement.
Posted By: JohnK Re: Temp Sub Hookup - 12/09/03 07:03 AM
Yes Tom, the hookup to the sub using speaker wire to the high-level inputs can be used temporarily, although most would agree that the connection using a coaxial cable to the low-level input is better. One point I'm a bit curious about is why the sub connection is going to involve 30+ feet in the wall. The best sub location is generally in a corner behind the mains.
© Axiom Message Boards