Axiom Home Page
Posted By: Hawkson101 Meters and CD's question - 12/12/03 10:03 PM
hi
i just bought my HT system and i realized i need an SPL meter. If i buy this from radio shack do i need to buy those calibration CD's? Also, do i need to buy a dvd calibration cd? Is there anything else i am missing?
Posted By: spiffnme Re: Meters and CD's question - 12/12/03 10:07 PM
If your receiver can generate it's own test tones, you shouldn't need a cd/dvd to calibrate the levels. (Though depending on the receiver you have the tones from a cd/dvd may be more accurate)

Posted By: pmbuko Re: Meters and CD's question - 12/12/03 10:13 PM
While your receiver's internal test tones should be fine for a general calibration, it's better to also use a DVD calibration disc. This way, you can be sure that the entire signal path is calibrated. The calibration should carry over well if you are also connecting the CD player digitally.
Posted By: Hawkson101 Re: Meters and CD's question - 12/12/03 10:18 PM
which DVD should i buy? I have an HK 525. MY xbox, which is my DVD player and CD player wont be connected digitially-RCA only
my source of music though is my computer (mp3) and that wont be digitally connected either.

question-spifnme and pmbuko-do u know each other? You have dogs for your pic's and you are one of the most frequent posters here.
Posted By: pmbuko Re: Meters and CD's question - 12/12/03 11:11 PM
We've never met in person, but I'll hopefully be able to drop by and hear spiffnme's world-famous M60s before too long.
Posted By: spiffnme Re: Meters and CD's question - 12/12/03 11:51 PM
Mr. Bear is deeply hurt by your comments! He's a BEAR, not a dog.

Peter is welcome to stop by my place anytime he's in LA.
Posted By: twodan19 Re: Meters and CD's question - 12/12/03 11:54 PM
better keep that little guy out of new jersey, their bear hunting season is in full swing.
© Axiom Message Boards