Axiom Home Page
Posted By: technoblue receiver flip flopping - 01/12/04 03:34 PM
Decisions, decisions...

Okay, I will admit that I was quickly tempted by 6ave's Denon 3803 deal on-line, but after having had a chance to go to some of my loacl shops for some listening sessions, I've now been introduced to Rotel. I'm still thinking of a receiver to start, so I have a choice of going with the late RSX-972, or last year's RSX-1055. Of course, I also know about the new 2004 models, but I'm not sure if I'll be able to wait that long.

Anyway, comments, recommendations? Are Rotel components a nice fit with Axiom speakers? Will I be missing out on anything crucial if I pick the 972 instead of the 1055? Should I forget about these 75w models and head straight for the 100w 1065? I have to admit the price on the 972 is really tempting, but it is a discontinued model and I might also be able to work out a deal on one of the newer ones if the added features are worth the extra cost.

Thoughts?

- David
Posted By: Haoleb Re: receiver flip flopping - 01/12/04 06:02 PM
If your looking at rotel, you might as well start looking at NAD too.

They offer some solid recievers you could probbly get their best one for the price of a rotel.
Posted By: WhatFurrer Re: receiver flip flopping - 01/12/04 06:04 PM
Does anyone know if 6ave's deal on the Denon 3803 is still valid? I was looking recently and saw a price $300 above what was "the deal"...

WhatFurrer
Posted By: technoblue Re: receiver flip flopping - 01/12/04 06:57 PM
At the avsforum, if you are able to wade through all of the heated point and counterpoint posts about on-line sales, a couple people confirmed that they were able to order a 3803 for the price of a 3802 as late as Tuesday last week. I haven't seen anything about orders this week.
Posted By: spiffnme Re: receiver flip flopping - 01/12/04 07:06 PM
Rotel and Axiom are a wonderful fit.

Club Rotel has a thread regarding the new 2004 1056.

Posted By: Snake Re: receiver flip flopping - 01/22/04 04:00 PM
As a recent convert to home theater (retired a 7-yr. old Sony stereo receiver, still shopping for speakers), I went to a dealer to audition Denon's 3803, as a formality prior to purchasing. While I was there someone was auditioning psb speakers through an NAD T752 and when I had a chance I did a head-to-head listening test between the 752 and the 3803 and the NAD won by a landslide. I eventually went with the 762. I found NAD far superior to the Denon for music reproduction, and its done well for my movie viewing as well, even though I'm still running my soon-to-be retired Bose 301s.

Check out NAD and Rotel before deciding, I have a feeling you won't get the Denon if you do.
Posted By: Saturn Re: receiver flip flopping - 01/22/04 04:24 PM
Hey spiff;

Its about time Rotel jumped on the channel equalization bandwagon. I had issues with different type of speakers on my old flagship 1065 and I could not have different crossovers on each channel. Maybe its time to sell the new 53Tx and go back to Rotel.

Posted By: technoblue Re: receiver flip flopping - 01/22/04 04:53 PM
Yes, the listed paper specs and features on those new Rotel models have placed me into a holding pattern of sorts. Now the question is, can I wait until February for the rsx-1056?
© Axiom Message Boards