Axiom Home Page
Posted By: zdellz Problem with my VP100 - 01/17/04 06:52 PM
I purchased an epic 50 HT back in November. I'm happy with axiom speakers. Sounds wonderful. My concern is that my center speaker when watching movies. I'm constantly adjusting the volume level
putting it high on dialogue part and low when action scenes.My center channer sits on top of my TV about 5 feet and my sitting position is 9 feet away. By the way i recently purchase M3's as my main front speakers. M50 are just for music.
Posted By: Type_E Re: Problem with my VP100 - 01/18/04 06:51 AM
did it happen to a lot of dvds, or just certain ones?
Posted By: zdellz Re: Problem with my VP100 - 01/18/04 07:25 AM
Mostly on all dvd movies especially action movies. Do you think i need a bigger center channel speaker?
Posted By: tonygeno Re: Problem with my VP100 - 01/18/04 03:00 PM
Have you calibrated your system with test tones and a sound pressure meter so that they are all playing at equal volume? The size of the center should have little bearing on the clarity of the dialogue or how loud it plays...unless you're playing it beyond its limits.

Another thought: are you on axis when listening (directly in front of the center) or off to the side? If off to the side, try moving right in front of the center to see if that makes a difference.
Posted By: zdellz Re: Problem with my VP100 - 01/18/04 08:05 PM
My sitting position is directly in front of the center. I'll calibrate the test tones of my receiver, and i'm on my way to radioshack to pick up a spl test meter. thanks for the tip.
© Axiom Message Boards