Axiom Home Page
Posted By: Harleyguy Sound & Vision HT Tune-Up - 02/05/04 03:52 PM
Has anyone used this dvd in the set up of their system? I attempted to do a search for a thread containing "Sound & Vision" but did not get a hit.
I'm just wondering if this dvd is a value to the set up.
Pete
Posted By: HAY Re: Sound & Vision HT Tune-Up - 02/05/04 05:11 PM
In the www.axiomaudio.com/archives there's a write up by Alan...I think it was August 2002.
Posted By: vaniah Re: Sound & Vision HT Tune-Up - 02/05/04 05:36 PM
I purchased my copy off Amazon.com I found the setup to be very easy. I've only done the video portion so far (still waiting for my Axiom's to arrive). Don't throw away that blue strip that comes inside. I (stupidly) crinkled it thinking it was some newfangled security device. It's for the video test as Alan describes.
Posted By: tinfoilhat Re: Sound & Vision HT Tune-Up - 02/05/04 06:55 PM
Very easy to use and it will certainly improve your experience.
Posted By: Harleyguy Re: Sound & Vision HT Tune-Up - 02/06/04 08:50 PM
Thanks for the helpful info. I did purchase the S&V disc and will use it to set up the system this weekend. I used the Yammies YPAO feature and wasn't satisfied with the sound set up. I also haven't set up the HSU VTF-2 using HSU's disc. Even without the setup all the speakers sound great.
Posted By: MABabs Re: Sound & Vision HT Tune-Up - 02/07/04 05:17 PM
I started using this last night and have two questions...

When doing the speaker phase test for the surrounds, I hear nothing for the in-phase noise and the out of phase sounds right. Does that indicate both speakers are wired wrong?

For the HSU STF-2, I hear no difference between the 0 and 180 degree phase settings? Is that possible?

Thanks.
Posted By: alan Re: Sound & Vision HT Tune-Up - 02/07/04 07:28 PM
Hi MABabs,

Much of the time you won't hear any difference between the 0 and 180 phase settings for the subwoofer. It depends on the room and the location of the sub in the room, so every sub/room placement is unique. In the last three places I've lived, I don't recall ever hearing a difference in the phase switch settings on various subs I've used.

Regards,
Posted By: MABabs Re: Sound & Vision HT Tune-Up - 02/08/04 01:34 AM
Thanks Alan, that's good news since I don't have many placement options.

What about the QS8s? Why don't I hear anything during the in phase test?
© Axiom Message Boards