Axiom Home Page
Just got my new system put together. I bought the Axiom Epic 60 system, a HK 630 Receiver and Denon 2100 DVD player. I put in the Star Wars Episode I DVD and could not believe it. This is the most awesome system I have ever heard and I have been to many friends who thought they had a system (ie. bose 35..HA HA). Hats off to Axiom.
Mark, glad to see that you're enjoying your speakers.
Welcome to the happy Axiomite club, Mark. Another thrilled consumer - great stuff.

If you want to squeeze a bit more out of your new setup, (nice choices by the way), get yourself an Avia disk and a Radio Shack SPL meter and calibrate the speakers. Since everything is new, give it a couple of weeks to break in. The improvement isn't jaw dropping, but it is noticeable.

Not another break-in junkie.
It does take some time for your ears to become acustomed to the clarity of what you are hearing. Then you can really pick out the subtleties that you have been missing.
Sigh.. thats what they all say. lol.

Seriously though... i dont recall reading about ANYONE who was sorely dissapointed in their Axioms
Breakin or not they sound great either way.
I agree with the speaker vs. ear break in thing. Kind of chicken & egg, if needed at all. I was actually referring to some break in time on the new receiver.
In reply to:

I was actually referring to some break in time on the new receiver.

You're killing me Ray, just killing me.
Hmmmm; up to this point I hadn't thought about some time for the SPL meter batteries as well.
LOL Ray. That one got me.
© Axiom Message Boards