Axiom Home Page
Posted By: Monstermile Looking for wire channel - 02/29/04 03:26 PM
I'm looking for some inexpensive wire channel for my rear surround speaker wires. I found some at cableorganizer.com but I am lookign for some other options to compare prices and ones available. Anyone know any other sources??
Posted By: oldskoolboarder Re: Looking for wire channel - 02/29/04 06:08 PM
I used Cordmate from Home Depot. Search Oldskoolboarder pix on the forum and you'll see my results. You may find it at Lowes as well. Not too expensive either and you paint them.
Posted By: Monstermile Re: Looking for wire channel - 02/29/04 06:30 PM
Is this the kit that you used??

If so that might work. How easy are the channels to cut?? I need about 4 1/2" so I would have to piece some together. Don't know how that would look. Also how thick are the channels?? This is what I was looking at originallly. Link
Posted By: rjones Re: Looking for wire channel - 02/29/04 07:56 PM
There are two versions of CordMate at Home Depot. One is the flat one that you show a photo of, and the other is smaller and rounder. Plenty big for one run of 12 gauge speaker cable.
Posted By: oldskoolboarder Re: Looking for wire channel - 03/01/04 02:42 AM
Correct, there is Cordmate and Cordmate II (smaller diameter). I used Cordmate II and it fit a 12 ga pretty well. It's easy to cut, I used a VERY sharp carpet blade.

I had to make an end cap for my ceiling mount because the wire just drops out of the ceiling. There's no piece that i could find so I just bought an outside elbow and cut off one end. Works fine.
© Axiom Message Boards