Axiom Home Page
Posted By: fast_lane Recommendations on next speakers for setup - 03/01/04 03:42 AM
I picked up the vp150 about a month ago and absolutely love it. Even in the midst of getting the Suzuki ready for spring I have managed to scrape together enough money to pick up another couple of speakers from axiom. Which do you think would have the biggest effect? I am going to either get a pair of m22's (really wanted m60's but just don't have the room up front for them), or qs8's.
What do you have now for your mains and for your surrounds?
Personally I have the m22s and the vp150 then added the qs8s later (I believe the center and mains are the most imporant and the other speakers can wait).
Also, if you listen to more music than watch HT the m22s would be a better choice.

jr
My current mains and surrounds are *cough, cough* Polk rm6700's. I used to listen to 90% HT, 10% music but with the arrival of my dual 16-46pc+ SVS's and the vp150 that has changed quite a bit. I am agreeing thinking that the mains would give the biggest impression right now but I have heard so many WOW stories about the qs8's.
The Qs8's are great, but they are still surround speakers. The surrounds produce maybe 1/5th of the sound that the fronts will produce. So get the M22's and start learning about how much fun well recorded music can be.
Yep...get the M22's first. But start saving for the QS series surrounds. (No need to get the giant QS8's if you're truly in a smallish room.)

© Axiom Message Boards