Axiom Home Page
Posted By: Bilbo_Baggins bracketology - 03/14/04 08:30 PM
alright, I've been watching too much basketball...
2 quick bracket questions:
1. anyone use drywall anchors for mounting bracket for vp150? unfortunately the stud is not in middle of screen. goes against my better judgement, but... it's only 17 lbs..., right?

2. Axiom sent me 2 sets of mounting bracket for my QS8's...
I'm ready to order my rear surrounds. Trying to decide between the Qs8's and Qs4's. Is it the same wall bracket that comes with these 2?

thx in advance. Pics. are coming... I've had analysis paralysis on my screen setup, so I've waited to post pics.
Posted By: Bob4action Re: bracketology - 03/14/04 09:49 PM
I can't comment on the VP150 mounting issue, but I know from experience that the included brackets with the QS4/8 are the same.
b.
Posted By: Zarak Re: bracketology - 03/14/04 10:52 PM
Darn...I'm sitting here getting ready for selections to come out and thought I found an off topic post
Posted By: Bilbo_Baggins Re: bracketology - 03/15/04 01:57 AM
MD Terps, just an unbelievable run this weekend. That is ACC basketball at its best.
Posted By: Ray3 Re: bracketology - 03/15/04 02:00 AM
Bilbo - most excellent. Finest hijacking of one's own thread I have yet witnessed. Please - will you sign my hat?
Posted By: getoffb Re: bracketology - 03/15/04 02:26 AM
They pulled that out of their @$$ didn't they.

They'll go out in the Sweet 16.
Posted By: Bilbo_Baggins Re: bracketology - 03/15/04 02:55 AM
guess it depends what MD team shows up. Stanford is tough, but not unbeatable.
Posted By: Zarak Re: bracketology - 03/17/04 03:14 AM
Gotta get past the defending champs first....
Posted By: getoffb Re: bracketology - 03/17/04 03:35 AM
Nice sense of humor.
Posted By: Zarak Re: bracketology - 03/21/04 06:20 PM
What sense of humor? I warned you they'd have to get past the defending champs first. Cuse was too much for the Terps to handle.

Now the game I want to see is setup for next week. How's another ACC team, Wake, going to handle St. Joes. Big matchup in my household...I live in the Philly area so everyone is pulling for St. Joes, but my wife is a Wake graduate.
Posted By: willscary Re: bracketology - 03/21/04 07:51 PM
I was 29-3 in the first round. I picked Xavier over Miss. State. I picked Alabama over Stanford (they looked good in beating Wisconsin). Unfortunately, I had Gonzaga in the final four. Now I need for Oklahoma State to beat Duke in the final to have any resemblance of a decent year picking the tournament.
Posted By: Zarak Re: bracketology - 03/21/04 08:14 PM
It was strange this year...all you had to do was pick favorites in the first round. There were only 4 upsets, and one was an 8-9 so it doesn't really count. The 2nd round is shaping up to have a few upsets and make things interesting.
Posted By: willscary Re: bracketology - 03/21/04 09:36 PM
Yeah, I picked 2 of the upsets, but Michigan State let me down. I had them winning their first game. Being a Wisconsin grad, I was amazed at the lack of respect the Big Ten got this year, and I picked both the Badgers and Illinois to make the sweet 16. I picked a boatload of upsets, but most came in the 2nd and 3rd rounds, so we will see. I think a few teams may be shocked by WI and Illinois and the way they play defense. I watch a lot of other conferences run and gun, but most teams in the Big Ten actually play GOOD defense. I don't think that either team is a final four team, but I do think that both deserved more respect, and especially Wisconsin, which should have been a 3 or 4 seed (at least better than Maryland).
Posted By: metalaaron Re: bracketology - 03/21/04 10:03 PM
i'm glad that we still see this type of tournament play. there are SO MANY teams and A LOT of talent spread out in the ncaa. it's also nice to see talent coming from overseas.

i don't consider a win an 'upset' unless the teams are at least 10 places/ranks or more away from each other. these teams are more evenly matched than their rankings designate. that's the beauty of the NCAA. you never know.

this is what makes college basketball superior to the nba.

there was a commercial on the other day that was hilarious. it had a guy with a cell phone? he was mad because his girlfriend (?) was winning their pool pick contest based on the fact that she chose which mascots she liked as the winners. that was awesome.

my final four picks are still alive though
Posted By: Zarak Re: bracketology - 03/22/04 01:39 AM
Well, you got 1 out of two. I had Pitt beating Wisconsin and Illinois moving on as well, so it worked out well for me today.

Mine tourney is slightly different though, we pick a weekend (two rounds basically) at a time. You can only pick a team if you had them moving on previously. So now I have to decide on Illinois vs. Duke and Pitt vs. OK, as well as a couple of others.
Posted By: willscary Re: bracketology - 03/23/04 12:15 AM
I ended up taking a big hit on Sunday. 3 of my final 4 are left, both of my final teams, and my winner, but Kentucky and Gonzaga are out, so one entire bracket is pretty much dead.
Posted By: metalaaron Re: bracketology - 03/23/04 12:40 AM
our brackets must be just about the same willscary

kentucky blew that game. uab showed up to play and uk did not.
© Axiom Message Boards