Axiom Home Page
Posted By: bigjohn NOBODY CARES BUT ME!!! - 04/02/04 02:25 PM
WELL, i had to tell someone, i am just tickled pink..my wife and i talked it over, and i got the green light to go ahead and get the M60's, 150, and QS8's, with custom cabinets. she wants the speakers to match the rest of the decor in the den(thanks trading spaces).. anyway, brent is sending me a few finish and screen samples, and once the decision is made, the order will be made..

oh, and it was like christmas yesterday.. when i got home from work, my new ONKYO 701 that i ordered monday was sitting on my porch.. i was giddy like a school girl.. the day my speakers arrive, i will probably soil myself.. wait TMI..

i will keep ya'll updated on my progress.. until i realize that, NOBODY CARES BUT ME!!!

bigjohn
Posted By: Ajax Re: NOBODY CARES BUT ME!!! - 04/02/04 02:33 PM
Keep us posted John. Actually, some of us DO care. It's fun to share your excitement.

P.S. Try "Depends."
Posted By: Ray3 Re: NOBODY CARES BUT ME!!! - 04/02/04 02:46 PM
Most all of us have gone through this John and are enjoying it again through you.. I am excited for you and my jealousy muscle is also twitching a bit.
Posted By: ringmir Re: NOBODY CARES BUT ME!!! - 04/02/04 02:48 PM
That's the speaker setup I've got, I think you will be very very pleased. Let us know how they sound with the Onkyo. I'm looking into a few recievers at the moment because mine barely cuts it so I am particularly interested. (See some of us do care!)
Posted By: metalaaron Re: NOBODY CARES BUT ME!!! - 04/02/04 03:13 PM
i completed the setup above just over a week ago.

i've fallen asleep on the couch every single night.
Posted By: bigjohn Re: NOBODY CARES BUT ME!!! - 04/02/04 03:40 PM
yea, i am really pumped ya'll.. getting my 'dream HT system' has been a goal of mine for a few years now.. it just seemed something else would always come up that was more important. so now that it is finally coming all together, i just cant hardly hold back my excitement, but i will try.

and i know i am gonna have dozens of install questions, but i will save those til the speakers get here. since i am basically new to all this, i have no 'real' experience to pull from. if this was scuba diving, i would have drowned by now..?

bigjohn
Posted By: the_shrubber Re: NOBODY CARES BUT ME!!! - 04/02/04 04:50 PM
In reply to:

my jealousy muscle is also twitching a bit. — Ray3

Okay, now that is what I call "Too Much Information."

bigjohh, I know exactly how you feel. Well except my "happy as a little girl" moment was brought on by a 30-lb. box of Denon lovliness on my porch. Whodathunk you could also get it from an Onkyo? j/k!

Enjoy and keep us posted.

Roger
Posted By: Misfit_Toy Re: NOBODY CARES BUT ME!!! - 04/02/04 05:55 PM
BigJohn...I care.
Posted By: littleb Re: NOBODY CARES BUT ME!!! - 04/02/04 05:59 PM
bumble's bounce
Posted By: James_T Re: NOBODY CARES BUT ME!!! - 04/02/04 06:45 PM
We all care! Plus we get to live vicariously and recall our own excitement and joy. It's always nice to relive that.
Congrats. Be sure to post impressions and pictures.

jr
© Axiom Message Boards