Axiom Home Page
I have been wanting to order for awhile and took the plunge. Now the horrible period of waitng for the speakers to arrive begins. I have been running a Klipsch Quintet 5.1 setup for a few years. I decided a few months ago that it was time to upgrade and began searching for new speakers. I was going to stay with Klpsch until I came across Axioms in a few other forums I was checking out. After coming to this site and checking it out I became very interested. Reading the reviews,seeing the awards Axiom has won, and following this and other forums about how all of the owners love these speakers made me want to check them out even more. Then when you add free shipping a 30 day trial and great prices (at least if they live up to the hype)I had to give them a try. I usually do not like to buy somthing like speakers unless I can hear them first, but I decided to go out on a limb since I can send them back if I do not like them. I am also ordering a Yamaha rx-v1400 to drive the speakers in a 7.1 setup.

The speakers I ordered are:
M22ti for the mains
VP150 center
QS4 left + right surrounds
M2i left + right center surrounds
I am also going to keep powered sub from my klipsch set. It provides plenty of bass for where I live. Neighbors complained about it not too long after I moved in.

Cant wait till they arrive!!
I've got the Klipsch Pro-Media speakers for my computer which I believe are similar to the Quintets with the exception of the center (I have none). They are fabulous for the use I put them to and I have never regretted buying them. That being said, the difference going to the Axiom system will rock your world.
Steve, that is going to be a great setup! Please take the time to post your impressions after you get everything installed.
I second tinfoilhat. I also have the 4.1 pro-media system. I thought they were fantastic (and for my PC they do sound great) until my M22s arrived and I was shown what my CDs could really sound like!

Welcome to the house of fun. Congrats!
I ordered the exact same setup (minus the m2i's) a couple long weeks ago. Did you do the factory outlet or the direct route? If it's the direct route, than I am green with envy. I have at least another month before they arrive. As stated above, don't forget to post your impressions.
Posted By: Ajax Re: I did it. Ordered my first Axiom setup!!! - 04/05/04 08:25 PM
This is getting incestuous. I TOO have the Pro-Media 4.1 setup for my computer. I does sound good...........until I turn on the Axioms. I guess if you like good sounding audio equipment, you want it everywhere.
I ordered the speakers factory direct last night and I just received an e-mail saying they shipped already. I have not checked the tracking yet but I hope to have them Wednesday or Thursday. Only problem is I can not find the Yamaha rx-v1400 anywhere. Everywhere I have checked has been out of it and have no idea when it will come in. I will definately let everyone know how they sound once I get exerything set up.
guess you'll be looking for another avr once the axioms arrive. i've heard the yammi is on backorder.
dan
Posted By: Grexx Re: I did it. Ordered my first Axiom setup!!! - 04/05/04 09:39 PM
Wow I didn't know the RX-V1400 is a hot item. Did you checked your local Hifi store? Where I'm at the RX-V1400 is not moving (So most of them are on sale).

By the way the RX-V1400 is an awesome receiver. Great match for the M60s that I bought.

Keep us posted. Good luck
The rx-v1400 is a hot item on the internet because they sell for about $200 less than at any local store. Also there is 2 versions of the 1400 and the 2400. The first versions had Dolby Pro Logic II and the newer versions have Dolby Pro Logic IIx. I am looking for the newer version. Kicking around getting a Deneon 3805, but that is $400 more than I want to spend. The wife is already unhappy about how much I have spent already.
Posted By: Grexx Re: I did it. Ordered my first Axiom setup!!! - 04/06/04 03:04 AM
What does the x stands for? And is it really important to have it?
Ray?

You're slacking.

Steve, Sell the wife.
I am in no way an expert, but from what I have read Dolby Pro Logic IIx will take any 5.1 source and turn it into 7.1. If you want to run a 7.1 setup and are looking to buy a receiver I would make sure it has Dolby IIx. I beleive it will even make 2 channel sources utilize the 7.1 setup also although it probably would not sound that great (for movies anyway)
Posted By: Grexx Re: I did it. Ordered my first Axiom setup!!! - 04/06/04 03:18 AM
There is so much I dont know about my receiver. I just checked the front and I do have the Dolby Pro Logic IIx. Its funny because I went thru the manual and didn't find anything about Pro Logic IIx.
Posted By: Grexx Re: I did it. Ordered my first Axiom setup!!! - 04/06/04 03:20 AM
Thanks for the info
Posted By: mac60 Re: I did it. Ordered my first Axiom setup!!! - 04/06/04 03:50 AM
Congrats on the speakers.

Try here for the Receiver:

http://www.50topsellers.com/yamaharxv1400.html
Posted By: Ray3 Re: I did it. Ordered my first Axiom setup!!! - 04/06/04 12:42 PM
Whew, thanks for covering Mike - I was sleeping when the thread picked up.

Steve - jandr has refurb denon 3803s available for $499. They are an authoirized dealer and that is a steal at that price.
I am looking for a receiver that has DPLIIx. The 3803 only has DPLII. Thanks for letting me know about the receiver though.
Anytime Ray. I've got your back, brother.

There will be a DPLIIx upgrade coming out for the H/K 430 and 630. It's supposed to be in testing now. Right...
I think I am just going to hold off on the new receiver for a little while although it is going to be very hard to do. I am currently running a Yamaha R-V1105 which only runs up to a 5.1 setup. So I am going to have a set of M2 speakers just waiting on a new receiver to be used. If I can live with my current receiver another couple of months I will be able to get the Denon 3805. Just checked the tracking on my speakers and they are still in Canada. Hoping they make it to Ohio by Friday. Thanks for all the help.
Posted By: mac60 Re: I did it. Ordered my first Axiom setup!!! - 04/07/04 10:55 PM
[qoute]I am looking for a receiver that has DPLIIx. The 3803 only has DPLII. Thanks for letting me know about the receiver though.

Mine canme in today and it has DPIIx.

I posted the link above if you want to give them a call.
© Axiom Message Boards