Axiom Home Page
Posted By: CalypsoCowboy M22ti or M60ti for inhome demo? - 04/07/04 04:27 AM
I'm in the market for a new set of speakers to replace my Klipsch Quinet set. After looking around I've decided I want to look into Axiom speakers. I checked the one thread and no one seems to be in my area to demo so I figure I'd demo and see if I like them in my house.

So I'm looking at either the M22ti or M60ti. I have a sub, Yamaha 80 watt rec, the room in 12x17 with an open wall. I think I'd end up liking the 60s better overall. But the 22s may give me the same impression sound wise without the added cost of shipping for the bigger speakers.

On another note. I hope to take the speakers into a local dealer and demo them with the 602s and 704s. So the 22s may fit better speaker wise with the 602s and the 60s with the 704. I think I'll like the Axiom sound but can't tell till I hear it. I heard the Paradigm studio 40's and the sound was nasally, are the Axioms the same way?

All in all I'm confused. Thanks for any help.

Josh
Posted By: TweedleyD Re: M22ti or M60ti for inhome demo? - 04/07/04 09:33 AM
No added shipping cost , Axiom has free shipping so get what u want , now if u got them both an decided to send one back then u would have to pay return shipping
Posted By: metalaaron Re: M22ti or M60ti for inhome demo? - 04/07/04 01:50 PM
different strokes for different folks...

you really just will not know if you like the sound until you hear it. i liked paradigm's monitor series, but i wanted something a little better. so, i tried the rockets. i was extremely disappointed with those. then i thought i'd try paradigm's studio line. i looked at the prices and said, "maybe not." so i tried axioms. i ordered the m60's first and i enjoyed them very much for stereo reproduction. then, i ordered the vp150, qs8, and hsu stf-2. i love this setup. i don't think i could have done any better for the money.

p.s. i've had this bad habit of falling asleep on the couch for the past two weeks (listening to the speakers). hehe
Posted By: CalypsoCowboy Re: M22ti or M60ti for inhome demo? - 04/07/04 03:00 PM
I was thinking more along the return lines. Buying one or the other is fine. The question is more along the lines of returning them if I don't like them. The M22 will be cheaper to return due to size and weight vs. the M60.

Now I just need to finish the room so I can order the speakers. But that is two months off or so.
Posted By: Ajax Re: M22ti or M60ti for inhome demo? - 04/07/04 03:10 PM
Went to your web site and followed your HT progress photos. Came away with a terrible case of "dedicated HT room" envy. I love the bookcase that's also a door that provides access the rear of your equipment. Great idea!
Posted By: metalaaron Re: M22ti or M60ti for inhome demo? - 04/07/04 04:20 PM
go with what makes you feel safe. i don't want to sway you one way or the other, but i don't think you'll return them.
Posted By: CalypsoCowboy Re: M22ti or M60ti for inhome demo? - 04/07/04 11:56 PM
Thanks! I'm making progress on it but it has been slow over a year now. The screen should be here in two weeks and then the carpet after that.

But I'm very happy so far the way my bookcase/door turned out. With the trim up you can't tell it's a door and that is the goal, I just need to get it painted but I wanted a way to get behind my stuff without it being visible. All guys need a hidden room right!
© Axiom Message Boards