Axiom Home Page
Posted By: expatbrit New Basement Pictures - 04/12/04 12:41 AM
Here is a link to my newly installed basement room. Note wall plates for rear channels in future. All wires are in the walls, including component video and DVI. Still no TV, waiting for some stock options to become available in the summer. I continue to be amazed by the Axiom/Hsu setup, I can't seem to drag myself away!
Let me know what you think.

Stuart

http://home.mchsi.com/~scarver/HomeTheater.html
Posted By: Aeromos Re: New Basement Pictures - 04/12/04 12:54 AM
Nice clean job. No excessive wires showing. Keep us updated with pics withany further developments. What kind of display are you planning on using?
Posted By: Ajax Re: New Basement Pictures - 04/12/04 12:55 AM
WOW!
Posted By: expatbrit Re: New Basement Pictures - 04/12/04 01:32 AM
Thinking about LCD or DLP rear projection. I really like the look of the Hitachi LCD (50V500), haven't been that impressed with the Samsung DLP sets. I hear that the 2nd generation DLP's will be much better. I probably won't get a TV until July/August timeframe, so plenty of browsing time ahead of me.
Posted By: Ajax Re: New Basement Pictures - 04/12/04 02:23 AM
Love the Les Paul and the Strat.
Posted By: oldskoolboarder Re: New Basement Pictures - 04/12/04 05:28 AM
nice, yes you do win the ward for cleanest install...
Posted By: ericb Re: New Basement Pictures - 04/12/04 02:41 PM
I bought the Samsung HLN467W 46" DLP and am very satisfied. Nice bright picture and wide viewing angle (important for my room) although the black level isn't as dark as I would like it. I looked at LCD RP sets (Sony, Panasonic) and decided against them due to some space constraints (wider exterior dimensions vs. the Samsung).

I heard the next generation Samsung's will be out by the end of this year with the 3 chip DLP, eliminating the color wheel that gives the raindow effect some people notice. I am guessing they are going to be expensive as hell.

Good luck with the TV purchase...looks like you've got a great setup with the audio end.
Posted By: Misfit_Toy Re: New Basement Pictures - 04/12/04 03:47 PM
So when's the invitation party?
© Axiom Message Boards