Axiom Home Page
Posted By: Anonymous Disadvantage in system too big? - 02/23/02 11:32 AM
Hi Ian,

Is there any disadvantage in selecting a system that is "too big" for a small room (apart from paying too much) ? I'm thinking of getting the Epic 80 system vs Epic Grand Master (with vp-150). The Epic 80 would allow me to avoid changing the system when I move to a bigger place but if the sound is not good, I would go with the M22ti for the mean time.

The current room is 4metres x 6metres. The TV and Speaker is positioned crossed ways instead of long ways i.e. front to back is 4 metres

Also would a smaller amp be able to drive the M80? I dont mind upgrading the amp at a later date as oppose to the speakers.

Thanks for you adivce.

Duke

Posted By: alan Re: Disadvantage in system too big? - 02/23/02 06:10 PM
Hello Duke,
I'm subbing for Ian today. Your room isn't that small and should accommodate the Epic 80 system just fine. If you find the bass a bit too much, you can always adjust the level of the subwoofer and experiment with moving the M80Ti's away from the wall a bit. In my experience, it's usually the sub that contributes to any bass heaviness in a small room, not the main speakers.

The M80ti's are quite sensitive so given your room size, a modest amp shouldn't be overstressed driving them. But how small is your current amp?

Regards,

Alan Lofft
Axiom Resident Expert
Posted By: Anonymous Re: Disadvantage in system too big? - 02/24/02 03:38 AM
Hi Alan,

I havent selected the amp yet.. thought it was more important to get the right speakers first :) Any personal recommendations on the amp/receiver?

Thanks for youhelp.

Duke

© Axiom Message Boards