Axiom Home Page
Posted By: sbcgroup1 VMPS Loudspeakers - 04/29/04 08:52 PM
Are any of your familiar with the VMPS brand of loudspeakers? Would they be better than the Axioms at home theatre & hard hitting stuff or not (because of the ribbon setup)?

I'm eyeing a pair of the RM1's and a LRC center channel.

(http://www.vmpsaudio.com)

I've always loved the ribbons and planars for the "airy" live concert feel with the softer stuff, but they don't seem to hold their own with the heavier stuff....

-sbc
Posted By: pmbuko Re: VMPS Loudspeakers - 04/29/04 08:56 PM
Do you remember sushi? Well, he was the most respected forum member when he was around. He reviewed a pair of VMPS speakers he found here. He wasn't impressed.
Posted By: curtis Re: VMPS Loudspeakers - 04/29/04 10:00 PM
I have heard the RM40 and the 626R.....both extremely nice speakers, and yes, they sounded better to me than the Axioms I have heard...but they are also MUCH more expensive.

I heard them right after listening to spiff's M60's and Energy Veritas 2.2's way back when he was trying to decide.
Posted By: sbcgroup1 Re: VMPS Loudspeakers - 04/30/04 12:46 PM
Yeah, just went over everything extensively with the wife last night. She's hooked on the Axioms and the VMPS stuff ran a little too expensive. It's over our budget. RM1's were ~$1500 vs. M80's ~$1100. And the LRC Center was ~$1000 vs. Axiom VP-150 ~$400. So everything started to add up. The cabinetry work was amazing though. And I love ribbons vs. cones on the mid and high frequencies....they're so light, airy and transparent. Feels like you are at a live concert!

Anyways, back to Earth:) We need to put together a 7.1 system in the next few months, including cables, reciever, and projector mount and sub so, it's critical to control prices even if they're only a few hundred more on various pieces, etc.

-sbc
© Axiom Message Boards