Axiom Home Page
Posted By: GoVols1 Ordered and not looking back! - 05/03/04 01:59 AM
I pulled the trigger finally ending weeks of anguish and multiple second guessing of myself. The wife got tired of my waffling as well and put her two cents in. Here are the results:

2 M50s (black oak, factory outlet, 3 week wait)
VP150 (same)
3 QS4s ("A" stock, since factory outlet was 8 weeks)

I recently ordered a Velodyne CHT-10 sub and Pioneer VSXD914K receiver. Still have to get the room ready, but hope to have it done by the time the speakers arrive. Thanks to all of you that gave me advice here and at the hometheaterspot.com. The wait begins......I'll try to post pics once done (I know that is a requirement around here!).

One question, the Pioneer can do 6 or 8 ohms. Do I set the receiver to 6 ohms due to the VP150? Or will that cause issues? Is it safe to leave it at 8 ohms?
Posted By: littleb Re: Ordered and not looking back! - 05/03/04 03:08 AM
You'll be sorry. JUST KIDDING!
Posted By: metalaaron Re: Ordered and not looking back! - 05/03/04 03:08 AM
go vols??????
where do you live?
Posted By: Sutter Cane Re: Ordered and not looking back! - 05/03/04 03:35 AM
GoVols1:

Congrats on your purchase buddy, you'll love them! You can view my profile then click on the link to my web address to see some pics. They're not the greatest and I don't have all my gear setup in any of the shots, but I'll adding more pics once I get everything done down in my HT room.

Sutter Cane
Posted By: jaatea Re: Ordered and not looking back! - 05/03/04 03:58 AM
SutterCrane

Thanks for posting your pics - what finish is that? mansfield beech? I'm just about to pull the trigger on a set of axioms but still vacillating as to what color to choose. Real life examples such as yours really help out. I'm probably going to order some samples. They have nice jpegs available in the custom shop for the custom colors but nothing as helpful for their base finishes.

Thanks again, looks like a real nice setup you've got there. Enjoy!

btw, what the heck movie were you watching there, my friend? Hope there weren't any kiddies in the neighborhood.
Posted By: 2x6spds Re: Ordered and not looking back! - 05/03/04 04:07 AM
Hello Govals

I had a pair of M50s which I used with a Velodyne CHT10 a Merak MC6H center and a pair of Mission 77ds surround speakers. It was a very enjoyable system. The CHT10 integrates very nicely with the M50s. Your system sounds much better than the hodgepodge I enjoyed so much.

Good luck with your new system!!

Posted By: Sutter Cane Re: Ordered and not looking back! - 05/03/04 04:08 AM
Jaatea:

lol, not sure what was on tv when I took those shots, but yeah bud, I ordered my Axioms in Mansfield Beech. I absolutely love them. For as good as they look in those pics, they look even better in person.

Sutter Cane

Posted By: ksimple Re: Ordered and not looking back! - 05/03/04 06:06 AM
Congrats on the purchase. I currently run a pair of 6 ohm-rated speakers on a Pioneer receiver. No probs.
Posted By: Sutter Cane Re: Ordered and not looking back! - 05/03/04 06:17 AM
2x6spds:

"Enjoy the Music. Trust your ears. Laugh at Folks Who Claim to Know it All."

Love your sig there bud, words of the wise is shown and displayed. lol

Sutter Cane

Posted By: Radspecv Re: Ordered and not looking back! - 05/03/04 03:30 PM
Hey GoVols1:

Leave the receiver set to 8 Ohms. You shouldn't have a problem. Lower settings put the receiver into current-limiting mode which will limit the output power.

Pete
Posted By: littleb Re: Ordered and not looking back! - 05/03/04 09:30 PM
Had? Did you sell them?
Posted By: 2x6spds Re: Ordered and not looking back! - 05/03/04 09:48 PM
Hi littleb

Yes. I sold them before I realized that the problem was not with the M50s but with the room. Nothing sounds great in there, and that's the room with my big HT set up.
Posted By: James_T Re: Ordered and not looking back! - 05/03/04 10:41 PM
Congratulations. Pictures soon?

jr
© Axiom Message Boards