Axiom Home Page
I'm getting ready to mount the brackets for my QS-8s.

During a test-fit on the living room floor, I noticed that the hex-head screw on the center, back of the speaker seems to interfere with sliding the speaker easily onto the bracket.

I removed the screw and found a threaded insert (good) which is open into the interior of the speaker (bad). Obviously, you can't have a hole in an acoustic suspension cabinet! Ergo, the screw needs to be in there.

I'm going to find out in a few minutes if it really interferes or not.

What do you say?
Nope. The hex screw doesn't interfere at all. It's close, but all is well. I'll throw some pics up in a little while.
actually, if it is the same screw i am thinkn of, it is magnatized. now, i am not really sure what for, but if you stick the T-bracket up to it, the bracket will 'cling' to it. i think it might have something to do with keeping it stuck to the bracket once it is on the wall.. so it doesnt rattle off during loud volumes.. either way, i got mine mounted easy also. once you find the wall stud, it goes pretty quick. i would also suggest using the expandable dry-wall plastic sleeve screws for the outside holes of the T-bracket. those QS8's are heavy and need all the support they can get.

bigjohn
How do the QS8's slide onto their bracket? From the top down?
Yep, slide them down onto the bracket.
© Axiom Message Boards