Axiom Home Page
Posted By: jdown axioms or paradigms - 06/14/04 06:36 PM
I'm vacillating between buying Paradigm speakers, which I can get from a local dealer, and the Axioms. For those who've done an A/B comparison, which Paradigm front speaker compares most closely in sound to the M60ti? Which center channel most closely to the VP150? Which surrounds to the QS8s??
Posted By: Ken.C Re: axioms or paradigms - 06/14/04 06:42 PM
Gneerally the Studio 60s are compared to the M60s (right, guys?). I know that the M22s compare favorably to the Studio 20s.
Posted By: Thasp Re: axioms or paradigms - 06/14/04 06:48 PM
I don't think you can really go by that.. some people say the Monitor 11s and the M60tis are almost identical sounding, then others say they can better the studios.

You'd be getting a better vaule, definately, though.
Posted By: bigjohn Re: axioms or paradigms - 06/14/04 07:03 PM
you definitely have to get into paradigms reference and monitor series to start coming close to the axioms. i know i auditioned the paradigm titans and their midsize surround in that series(cant remember the name).. anyway. they were way weaker in detail and clarity by comparison.

obviously, you are on an axiom board, so i think our preference should be rather clear.. but, to be honest, to get the same quality from paradigms, you would be paying twice, almost 3 times as much for the same speaker..

think about it!!

bigjohn
Posted By: Hawkson101 Re: axioms or paradigms - 06/14/04 10:25 PM
What did you use to make your diagram?
Posted By: Ken.C Re: axioms or paradigms - 06/15/04 02:06 AM
Ok, how's this? I've heard both the Monitor 9 and the M22s, and the M22s were head and shoulders above the M22s. The M50s are also way, way better than the Monitor 9s (with comparable, or better, bass!)
Posted By: Ray3 Re: axioms or paradigms - 06/15/04 02:09 AM
Ken - I read your post 11 times. I now have a headache and need to lie down.
Posted By: Ken.C Re: axioms or paradigms - 06/15/04 02:42 AM

You shouldn't read so much. You'll hurt your eyes.
© Axiom Message Boards