Axiom Home Page
Posted By: DoubleJ230 QS8 Mounting Height ? - 07/28/04 03:51 PM
Alright guys...I am sure this has been asked before but what is the recommended mounting height for the QS8's? I had heard 7', but is that from the top or bottom of the speaker. Also, what is the diameter of the speaker terminal hole on the back of the QS8? Anybody that has mounted one knows what I am talking about. Thanks for the input in advance.
Posted By: Ajax Re: QS8 Mounting Height ? - 07/28/04 04:07 PM
From the Axiom FAQ:

Where should I place my surround speakers?
Ideally, surround speakers should be either wall-mounted or stand-mounted to either side of the couch or primary listening area, from one to six feet higher than seated listeners' ears, and slightly forward or rearwards of the listening area if you wish. Axiom's Quadpolar surrounds are especially versatile and can yield excellent performance with stand or wall-mounting to the rear as well as at side locations. (see our dedicated stands for the QS Surround speakers in the Store). Rear center speakers for 6.1 and 7.1 installations are intended to go on the rear wall at about the same height as the surround speakers.

Posted By: bigjohn Re: QS8 Mounting Height ? - 07/28/04 04:13 PM
i think ajax has answered the first part..

as far as the diameter of the terminal hole, it is a rectangle shape, about 2 1/2 to 3 inches wide.. if you are gonna mount them flush to the wall, forget about trying to use banana plugs.. there isnt enough room.. i tried... well, unless you can find some smaller plugs than i used?

good luck!!!

bigjohn
© Axiom Message Boards