Axiom Home Page
Posted By: spiffnme Denon DVD players - 08/02/04 09:43 PM
Anyone know what the release dates are for the new players? I'm specifically looking for the DVD-1910.
Posted By: NeverHappy Re: Denon DVD players - 08/02/04 09:47 PM
Last I heard was end of this month. It's out in Europe so it won't be long now for North America. My DVM-2815 was announced at the same time and I have had mine for a month now. Not sure what the delay is on the 1900 and the other models in this line.
Posted By: spiffnme Re: Denon DVD players - 08/03/04 07:42 AM
Cool. I think my brother is going to get the AVR-2805 and the DVD-1910. He'll likely be picking up some Axioms as well. The M22ti mains, VP100 center, and QS4 surrounds. The bottom end will be handled by the Hsu STF-2.

We spent about 5 hours shopping for TV's on Sunday. He's leaning heavily towards a Sony KE-37XS910 37" plasma, or the Sony KF-42WE610 LCD. He's limited to a set that's no larger than 42". To be honest the best looking set we saw was the new Mitsubishi DLP. Wowie, wow, wow, wow. That was a SWEET looking tv. The picture blew away ALL of the other DLP sets in the store. Unfortunately for my brother, the smallest set they make is 52" and wouldn't fit in his living room. I'm going to be keeping my eye on the 62" version for myself though.

Posted By: pmbuko Re: Denon DVD players - 08/03/04 06:42 PM
That TV looks really nice. Great selection of inputs on the rear, too!
Posted By: spiffnme Re: Denon DVD players - 08/03/04 06:59 PM
The picture was stunning. The sharpness and clarity were far and away better than the other DLP sets. Greens and Reds didn't bleed. It was really amazing. I suspect that when Mitsu starts making DLP sets with the new 1080p DLP chips, I'll have found my new TV.

Posted By: Misfit_Toy Re: Denon DVD players - 08/04/04 07:21 PM
Hey Spiffnme, I believe the estimated timeframe is around September, though it looked like "some" may come out in August. Either way...it's soon

I look forward to them too. Much cheaper Denon DVD player with DVI capability.
Posted By: Sutter Cane Re: Denon DVD players - 08/04/04 08:27 PM
Are any of these new Denons going to support sacd and dvd audio?

It'd be nice if they'd come out with a player that did, that was a little less then what the 2200 goes for. I know It's probably just wishful thinking, but nonetheless, it'd still be nice if they would.

Posted By: joshxfoo Re: Denon DVD players - 08/04/04 08:38 PM
In reply to:

It'd be nice if they'd come out with a player that did, that was a little less then what the 2200 goes for. I know It's probably just wishful thinking, but nonetheless, it'd still be nice if they would.

Sure would be. However, if I remember correctly from the press release, none of them do. It's a real shame, too, because as soon as Denon comes out with an afforable Universal player, I'm going to buy it.

In the meantime, I'm keeping an eye out for 2200 refurbs. I had great luck getting my AVR-884 refurbished from ecost.com.
Posted By: Sutter Cane Re: Denon DVD players - 08/04/04 09:19 PM
Joshxfoo:

Bud that's exactly what I've been doing too! I pull up ecost every bloody day in hopes they'd get some more refurb 2200's in, but so far I've had no luck.

It's only a matter of time though. Hopefully it won't be too much longer before they have some available.

Posted By: Ajax Re: Denon DVD players - 08/04/04 09:28 PM
The 1710 and 1910 will NOT be universal players (play SACD and DVD-A). The 2910 and the 3910 WILL be universal players.

Source
Posted By: Sutter Cane Re: Denon DVD players - 08/04/04 09:34 PM
Thanks Jack, I heard the latter two would be universal players, but they're way too steep for my pocket. I'd love to be able to afford one of them though, man that would be nice. lol

Posted By: Misfit_Toy Re: Denon DVD players - 08/05/04 01:51 PM
In regards to the refurbs for the 2200 at E-Cost...you can call and get on a list. That's the best way to ensure you have one coming. They never really know EXACTLY when there's another shipment coming. But if you place the order over the phone you "get in line". I don't recall if you pay them right then, or if you pay when it ships. Likely the latter...but I'd rather not promise

Good luck!
Posted By: Sutter Cane Re: Denon DVD players - 08/05/04 03:40 PM
Misfit_Toy:

Hey bud thanks for the tip man. I'll give them a call and check into that.

Posted By: mhorgel Re: Denon DVD players - 08/05/04 04:51 PM
In reply to:

I suspect that when Mitsu starts making DLP sets with the new 1080p DLP chips, I'll have found my new TV.

And I suspect I'll get a sudden flareup of my upgradeitis. I hope my Hitachi RPTV blows up the day the 1080p Mitsu DLP's are released.

Mark
Posted By: spiffnme Re: Denon DVD players - 08/05/04 05:03 PM
I'm sure you can figure out a way to make your TV accidentally blow up on that day, no?

Posted By: mhorgel Re: Denon DVD players - 08/05/04 05:05 PM
Maybe I can arrange a little "accident". Or, "Honey, they broke in and all they took was the TV".

Mark
Posted By: Sutter Cane Re: Denon DVD players - 08/05/04 05:32 PM
Mark:

Are you not happy with your Hitachi? I just got not that long ago, well right before we found out my wife had to have surgery, we got the Hitachi 50V500 LCD and my gawd, we absolutely love it.

Much better then my Mits RPTV ever was, and I thought it had a damn good picture on it. Well it did, but nothing like my new Hitachi does.

We wanted to go after a plasma, but due to some of the contacts I have, I got far too good of a deal on this LCD. To say the least we're very happy with it.

© Axiom Message Boards