Axiom Home Page
Posted By: NeverHappy HT & Audio Cables (Black Sand Cable) - 08/08/04 01:32 AM
I must admit that I have been sucked into all the hype surrounding cables and wires a few times. I have however gotten a little wiser and now tend to search stuff out. Blujeans and Signal are guys who make decent cables at a fair price. I was snooping around some of the UK forums and everybody was talking about Black Sand Cables. I hunted them down and it turns out they are in my city. Small world. Anyway, I went and picked up some digital coax cables from them and they do nice work and are priced more then fair.

Black Sand Cable

From what the owner was telling me the web-site is new and is still a work in progress. I stopped in and it's not done but it has some good info so far. They have sold on word of mouth up till now.
Posted By: Ajax Re: HT & Audio Cables (Black Sand Cable) - 08/08/04 02:24 AM
Thanks John. I'll keep an eye on the web site. I was impressed with the "myths" page.
Posted By: NeverHappy Re: HT & Audio Cables (Black Sand Cable) - 08/08/04 02:31 AM
Me to. Did you see this one:

In reply to:

Myth: Replacing the resistors and capacitors in preamps and power amps with higher quality units can improve the sound of a system. A very well respected amp manufacture is guilty of this and actually sells it as an upgrade. WASTED money to say the least!

I asked him who he was talking about with that comment. He said he actually got some of the info from various places but the end comment was made at a company that I must admit I have owned there stuff and recently sold 2 of there amps...........hint.........hint..........and I also paid for the upgrade not once but twice.

Posted By: Wid Re: HT & Audio Cables (Black Sand Cable) - 08/08/04 02:35 AM
Thats a pretty good one.So did you have the upgrades done?I do own a couple sets of Signal's cables and they are quite nice.I really like the Outlaw cables too.
Posted By: NeverHappy Re: HT & Audio Cables (Black Sand Cable) - 08/08/04 02:38 AM
Yeah I had the upgrades done and now that I have been doing some reading on a 60,000 cap to a 120,000 cap I wasted my money..........BIG TIME!
Posted By: Wid Re: HT & Audio Cables (Black Sand Cable) - 08/08/04 02:42 AM
There's probably nobody here that hasn't fallen for one thing or another.I know I've been guilty of it too.
Posted By: dakkon Re: HT & Audio Cables (Black Sand Cable) - 08/08/04 05:06 AM
i would think that more accurate resistors and capacitors would make a difference... they do in my job... you have much more control of the voltage, and current's within the circuitry...
© Axiom Message Boards