Axiom Home Page
Posted By: lomb7 New room - 08/17/04 06:02 AM
I wanted to ask your advice concerning my system.

Over the last few years I have picked up speakers in a way that is not recomended. I got what I liked at the time but the system is not matched well. Here is what I have.

Paradigm 9se mains
Bohlender Graebener X1 Center
QS4 rears

Powered by an Outlaw Audio 1050

I just moved into a new home and am looking at this mismatch of speakers and am wondering if I should upgrade. I love the axioms QS4's I have but again the system seems mismatched. I enjoy the 1050 but is it underpowered for upgrading to your larger speakers? The room I have my system in is large 18.5 x 26.5. Half the room is used for the big screen with the other half being used for a pool table.

Please let me know you thoughts on this one.

Posted By: JohnK Re: New room - 08/17/04 06:32 AM
L7, welcome, but posting just once makes things less confusing. The 1050 has plenty of power for any Axiom speaker(and should have no problem if it has none with the P9s); note that the larger speakers tend to have higher sensitivity, so they actually use less power at the same sound level. I'm not at all familiar with the BG, but I heard the various Paradigm models before buying Axiom. Although I made no direct comparison, my impression is that Axioms across the front, e.g. M60s or M80s with a M22 center underneath if the "big screen" is a projection screen, will make a fine match for your QS4s.
© Axiom Message Boards