Axiom Home Page
Posted By: mamzh upgrade impression - 08/30/04 07:02 AM
I have polk rm6700 + sub psw303 for a year. I am happy with them in both music and movie mode. After I read a lot of positive reviews about Axiom, I decided to do upgrade. First, I replaced the two front satellite speaker with M60s. I do feel they give better sound stage, and the bass is fast and accurate for music. Then, I started to think about upgrading my center speaker, due to the space limitation, I chose vp100. After it was set up, I immediately found out that it went deeper than the rm6700's center. Now I can feel some bass explode from the center when I watch movie, but I never felt it before. I still use the polk's surrounds, I don't if it is worth to
upgrade them too.

System:
M60s, vp100, rm6700's surround
HK225

http://f1.pg.photos.yahoo.com/ph/mamzh/detail?.dir=/cb49&.dnm=a472.jpg
Posted By: TweedleyD Re: upgrade impression - 08/30/04 08:40 AM
Well u might as well upgrade the Surrounds i had Boston Acoustics HD5's an used them for years as my surrounds but after upgrading to the Mi22's an VP150 i knew i needed to upgrade the Surrounds also , so i went with the QS8's got them hung on the wall an i am very inpressed with them for Music as well with Movies it, they seem to Round out the Sound an make the Surround sound more fuller around u as u would expect Sound to sound
Posted By: spiffnme Re: upgrade impression - 08/30/04 03:31 PM
Axioms QS series surrounds are quite amazing. I didn't think I'd notice much of a difference when I switched, but boy was I wrong. I formerly had Polk f/x bi/di-polar surrounds.

Posted By: TweedleyD Re: upgrade impression - 08/30/04 10:47 PM
You Tell em Spiff
Posted By: Foghorn Re: upgrade impression - 08/31/04 04:13 PM
Spiff, I'm glad to hear that you have directly compared the Polks and the Axioms. The one part of my Polk system I have not been thrilled with is the surrounds. I've been reading that the Axiom surrounds are great and I just didn't feel that way about my Polks (FXi3) - but since the rest of the Polk system sounds so good I wondered if it was just me or how I had the system set up (which it still could be).
© Axiom Message Boards