Axiom Home Page
Posted By: jorge016 Great Deal - HK Receiver - 11/01/04 01:28 PM
It appears that Harmon Kardon releasing their new updated line of receivers might be a good thing if you're looking for a good deal on the old line. I picked up a factory refurbed AVR 630 for $510 on Ebay this weekend-that should scratch the upgraditis itch for a little while. I can't wait to hear the Axiom's put to the test.
Posted By: richeydog Re: Great Deal - HK Receiver - 11/01/04 09:14 PM
That's good news Mike. Have you gotten your receiver yet? I see that your replacing an hk 125. Tell us what your thoughts are on the 630 in comparison with the 125. Also everyone out here lurking should keep an eye on compusa's hk line of receivers. It is rumoured that they are clearing them out along with other pieces of equipment. If I'm wrong please correct me.
Posted By: jorge016 Re: Great Deal - HK Receiver - 11/01/04 09:20 PM
Richeydog-I'm replacing a HK 130-I'll be able to do a good comparison and will keep you informed. I'm off to the local CompUSA to see if they have a HSU on hand.
Posted By: richeydog Re: Great Deal - HK Receiver - 11/01/04 09:26 PM
I had an hk 130 before purchasing a refurb 230 from ebay. I would have gotten the 630 but the budgetwouldn't allow. Make sure you don't take no for an answer at compusa. I had to ask three salesmanto get mine. I hope you are able to grab one at this price.
© Axiom Message Boards