Axiom Home Page
Posted By: DXDawg Will QS8s and QS4s work well together? - 11/15/04 03:23 PM
Well, after spending 6 months listening to my QS8s dwarf my crappy Kenwood HTIB front/centers, I finally broke down and bought a pair of m60tis and a VP150. I am now considering upgrading from 5.1 to 7.1... I don't want to hash out the plusses/minuses of 5.1 vs 7.1 since there's 85k+ threads out there on the subject right now. My question is this... if I run my QS8s as side surround channels, could I then run a pair of QS4s for the rear channel? Would the timbre/imaging be off at all? New car, new Axioms, new TV, etc have really depleted the checkbook, and if it's all the same, I'd much rather save the bucks and go with the 4s. Thanks!
Posted By: bigjohn Re: Will QS8s and QS4s work well together? - 11/15/04 03:26 PM
i think the QS4's will be fine for the rears on a 7.1 system. those channels arent really getting worked that hard anyway, so the extra power that the QS8's have, wouldnt be necessary. you might even think about going with an M2 or M3 for your rears. just an idea..

bigjohn
Posted By: alan Re: Will QS8s and QS4s work well together? - 11/15/04 04:36 PM
DXDawg,

The tonal balance of the QS4s and QS8s is extremely similar. You can use them at the rear and get a seamless timbral balance with the QS8s at the sides.

Regards,
Posted By: DXDawg Thanks, guys!** - 11/15/04 08:25 PM
nm
Posted By: SirQuack Re: Will QS8s and QS4s work well together? - 11/15/04 09:10 PM
Would this change if you were dealing with a larger room, lets say 15' x 20' x 9'?
© Axiom Message Boards