Axiom Home Page
Posted By: SirQuack Cable Raceways - 11/21/04 05:24 PM
As some of you know, I'm in the middle of finishing my basement, which includes a dedicated HT area. I went back and forth on using drywall or a form of drop ceiling in the theatre area, but since the entire room is one big room that includes a bar/pool table area, and a walk-out door area, I wanted it all to be the same....so i decided to drywall everything, fun job, so far I've gone through 30 sheets of 4'x12' drywall, that is just for the ceilings (rec room, bathroom, xtra bedroom)

Anyway, onto the question, I've heard about Surface Raceways from Cableorganizer.com which basically are a latching plastic enclosure that you can run along the ceiling to house your componant/dvi/s-video etc.. cables to your projector from your AV equipment. Is this the only place to find this stuff, online? I went to HD, Menards, and Lowes, and so far they just have much smaller stuff, for like phone lines, etc...

I think this stuff is called panduit, wiremold, also..but I can't seem to find the larger enclosure stuff locally.

Any ideas, or does anybody have other ideas for me to run my componant/dvi etc... along the ceiling over the to ceiling mounted projector... I figure that in the future as technology changes and projectors change, I want to have easy access to the cables to swap them out as needed....

Thanks, Randy

Posted By: CosmicVoyager Re: Cable Raceways - 11/21/04 05:37 PM
Do you have a local electrical store such as Graybar?
Posted By: MarkSJohnson Re: Cable Raceways - 11/21/04 05:38 PM
I've dealt with Markertek for a number of my professional needs. Much of what they offer could be for more "video production" needs, but it's worth checking out. The company, at least, is very professional (though I'm not crazy about their website!).

http://www.markertek.com/ProdList.asp?cat=CABLEMGMNT&subcat=&prodClass=CABDUCTING&search=0&off=
Posted By: SirQuack Re: Cable Raceways - 11/21/04 06:57 PM
Thanks guys...

tleigh, yes, we have Graybar, 3E, and a few others I think...I'll have to make a few calls.
Posted By: sidvicious02 Re: Cable Raceways - 11/21/04 11:23 PM
Sirquack
you may want to try Home Depot as well, that's where I was able to pick up mine. It was the 'larger' conduit which had enough room for two 12ga speaker wires (and a bit of room to spare).
Posted By: SirQuack Re: Cable Raceways - 11/22/04 01:01 AM
thanks Sid, I may have missed them, as I did check HD, I found some smaller material in the electrical area like you mention, but nothing that would hold componant and/or dvi, etc...The stuff on cableorganizer.com is like 1 1/2" x 1 "....I may just have to order online....I'm sure if I look around a little harder I'll find them...thanks
© Axiom Message Boards