Axiom Home Page
Posted By: alou I've joined the family... - 11/23/04 06:31 PM
I'd just like to say "hello" and "thank you" to everyone in this forum. You have provided me with PLENTY of information and opinions on home audio.

I'm almost done building my system, and thought I'd share (with pictures) the damage I've done so far.
Posted By: Ajax Re: I've joined the family... - 11/23/04 06:49 PM
Welcome! So glad to have an M40 owner on the forum. We get too little info about the M40s. Hope you'll stick around and participate. We can use your input.
Posted By: tomtuttle Re: I've joined the family... - 11/23/04 06:50 PM
Welcome, Alan! Nice system! Thank you for sharing.

Hey guys, we have a new (and much-needed) M40 expert!!

Edit: I hate it when Jack beats me!
Posted By: Ajax Re: I've joined the family... - 11/23/04 06:58 PM

Well. So much for acting like an adult!
Posted By: spiffnme Re: I've joined the family... - 11/23/04 07:05 PM
Thanks for sharing the pics!

Posted By: bigjohn Re: I've joined the family... - 11/23/04 07:08 PM
welcome alou.. looks like you are plenty ready to get it on. i am also excited about getting more knowledge from you about the 40's. in my opinion, that is the 'lost' speaker. we hear very little about that model, so we hardly know anything about it. your input will be greatly appreciated on the unavoidable 'axiom comparison' thread, which usually shows up about once every quarter.

bigjohn

Posted By: alou Re: I've joined the family... - 11/23/04 07:27 PM
I was quite surprised with my M40's. I thought that they would be going back, for sure! My original intent was to get the M3's, but with the M40 being a M3-in-a-larger-box (and more $$$), I figured it would sound better with music. And they sound incredible!! For music, they ALMOST get low enough that you don't need a sub. I can only imagine what the 50/60/80 can do!!!

Posted By: MykeW Re: I've joined the family... - 11/23/04 09:14 PM
Welcome to the family Alou, those are some great pics.

Thanks for sharing!

Cheers, jag
Posted By: tomtuttle Re: I've joined the family... - 11/23/04 10:01 PM
Am I the only one who feels like Jag's new EP500 sig animation is mocking me? It seems to be pulsating "your bass is inadequate..." over and over. Grrr!
Posted By: Ken.C Re: I've joined the family... - 11/23/04 10:02 PM
At least you've got an SVS...
Posted By: MiniRock Re: I've joined the family... - 11/23/04 11:22 PM
In reply to:

Am I the only one who feels like Jag's new EP500 sig animation is mocking me?

No, there is another. I like those pics alou, and welcome!
Posted By: MykeW Re: I've joined the family... - 11/23/04 11:43 PM
Let me know what you all think

Cheers, Jag
Posted By: tomtuttle Re: I've joined the family... - 11/24/04 12:02 AM
Michael, I took no offense, and certainly meant none. It doesn't "bother" me at all - it just gives me upgradeitis.

I'm glad you are enjoying the new sub, and I really appreciate you sharing your impressions. There are too few board regulars with the new Axiom subs, and your experience is meaningful (if painful) to the rest of us.

I sincerely apologize if my attempt at a humorous observation made you unhappy or uncomfortable.
Posted By: tomtuttle Re: I've joined the family... - 11/24/04 12:03 AM
It's that rectangular port...
Posted By: Ken.C Re: I've joined the family... - 11/24/04 12:14 AM
At least you have a port, man... *sniff* My sub doesn't have a port at all! Waaaah!
Posted By: bridgman Re: I've joined the family... - 11/24/04 12:24 AM
Welcome aboard. Nice system !

Have you had a chance to play much music on the M40s without the sub ? Any thoughts ?
Posted By: alou Re: I've joined the family... - 11/24/04 01:38 AM
Yeah, I've played a lot of music on them without a sub. Before I got the Velo, I had a crappy little Sony.

I found them to be very smooth sounding...not extremely deep, but the bass was low and smooth. Very good for most rock music, which usually doesn't go very low anyways.
Posted By: MykeW Re: I've joined the family... - 11/24/04 02:53 AM
Hi Tom, I took no offense at all and completely understood you were being humorous and actually appreciated the honourable mention. (At least someone noticed it...) No apology required!

However, I did wonder MYSELF after putting it up if perhaps people may interpert it as a kind of "in your face" kind of thing, which was NOT my intention at all. I'm new to all this forum stuff; infact, this is the first and only forum I've ever participated in and I have seen first hand how the simplest things can become mountains. Given that I've always wanted to try posting a forum poll I thought it would be fun to give it a try, and this was an easy excuse. and a way for anyone to anonymously express their discomfort with it.

I appreciate the commradory here and all the help and input I've recieved from everyone including you, Tom.

Thanks for the concern Tom, Cheers Jag
Posted By: bridgman Re: I've joined the family... - 11/24/04 03:13 AM
Your sub GIF is still pi**ing me off. I think everyone should be able to have EP500s or nobody should be able to have them
Posted By: MykeW Re: I've joined the family... - 11/24/04 03:21 AM
LOL

I totally disagree!

That should be EP600's for everyone!

I REALLY wanted one of them but the 500 was just as far as I could go, not a bad compromise though.

Cheers, Jag

© Axiom Message Boards