Axiom Home Page
Posted By: ajcook M60 - 12/07/04 06:26 AM
I have M60's as the front and rear speakers in a home theater. They sit on carpet, not especially thick, just the kind the builder put in the house. The spikes that came with the speakers are too long for my carpet. They hit the hard floor underneath. Should I use them anyway, should I use the rubber things that are made for hard floors, or should I use nothing at all?
Posted By: expatbrit Re: M60 - 12/07/04 04:31 PM
I think the object is to have the spikes hit the hard floor underneath. This (in theory) couples the speaker to the floor and stops the bass air pressure from rocking the speaker and diminishing the SPL.
Posted By: SirQuack Re: M60 - 12/07/04 04:39 PM
I thought you already got your answer on your other thread about this subject about the spikes? Unless you have a twin with M60's also and carpet questions...
Posted By: Rock_Head Re: M60 - 12/07/04 04:53 PM
Welcome Adam,
I was in the same position as you about three months ago when I was unpacking my M60's. I quickly decided that the spikes were a touch too long so I installed the rubber feet. In the end, the rubber feet look better to me. There is a nice 'break' in contrast between the 'Cinnamon Beech' finish and the oatmeal colored carpet.
Cheers,
Shaun
© Axiom Message Boards