Axiom Home Page
Posted By: Britrover Basic General Question - 12/13/04 05:44 PM
I just set up my new HT set-up and have run out of place in my TV stand to fit all components.

My question is can I put my receiver HK-AVR235 on top of my HSU VT3-MK2R? Or this is not recommended as the bass output might vibrate the HK receiver.

If this approach doesn’t work I will have to get a separate AV stand and am thus asking this question

Posted By: MarkSJohnson Re: Basic General Question - 12/13/04 07:12 PM
I don't know that there's any hard and fast rule, but I think in general you'll get a longer life out of electronics if you're not vibrating and shaking them all the time. If, on the other hand, you're itching to have a new receiver..........

I know I wouldn't do it personally......
Posted By: Britrover Basic General Question - 12/13/04 07:15 PM
Mark,

Thanks for your opinion, I just got the HK so am looking to keep it for a while. I think I will go get a new AV stand to go with the TV stand.
Posted By: tomtuttle Re: Basic General Question - 12/13/04 07:25 PM
I'm with Mark on this one. It might not matter, but shaking the bejeezus out of all those connections and wires and chips and stuff just doesn't seem right to me. I would find another way.
Posted By: simboticus Re: Basic General Question - 12/13/04 09:05 PM
Hi Britrover,

I'm an engineer in the electronics industry, so I have some experience with the issue, the other guys are right. It would be a very bad idea, the vibration would almost certainly reduce the life of your receiver.

Posted By: Ray3 Re: Basic General Question - 12/13/04 09:21 PM
Also, not the worst thing to get yourself set up for a little expansion with a nice stand or rack for the receiver. Think ahead a little bit and try to imagine how you will be connecting things, where you will be "getting at" all of your connections/hiding the wires and, above all, how easy it will be to move the stand/rack when you need to (and you WILL need to ).
© Axiom Message Boards