Axiom Home Page
Posted By: Anonymous My Proposed 7.1 Setup - 04/15/02 01:28 PM

I am moving from an all planar HT (too room intrusive) and I am going to try an axiom setup. Any comments on the following for a 20'x14' room:

o M3Ti LR
o VP150 center
o QS4 surrounds
o M3Ti rear surrounds

I think the points I am curious about are my choice for the center (I am pretty critical of centers and it will be below a front projection screen) and the 7.1 rears. I like excellent dispersion, hence the VP150. The M3Ti rears will fit well in my room. I am not sure how I would mount a set of QS4s back there.

Thanks for any comments.
Posted By: Anonymous Re: My Proposed 7.1 Setup - 04/15/02 01:58 PM
If you are planning to utilize the longer wall for your system setup, then I like your choice of speakers, especially the vp150 center and M3s for all corners. The only thing missing is a good sub.
Posted By: Anonymous Re: My Proposed 7.1 Setup - 04/15/02 03:35 PM

Thanks! My sub is a REL Storm III... somehow I think it will do just fine ;-) The REL is in a beautiful light cherry finish... the axiom cherry seems much darker, so I was going to just go with black..

mdl.

Posted By: 2x6spds Re: My Proposed 7.1 Setup - 04/15/02 06:22 PM
I think you're going to love the M3s! Sounds like a nice system. What receiver?
Posted By: Anonymous Re: My Proposed 7.1 Setup - 04/15/02 07:12 PM

This may sound like sacrilege... but I am going to see how far a Midiman 410 will take me. Amps used will include Antique Sound Labs, Anthem, and Quad.

I run my theater off of my PC (I have a front projector). I have actually found it decodes very well. For two channel, I have much higher standards.

mdl.
© Axiom Message Boards