Axiom Home Page
Posted By: Dlo Any Thoughts On Real Rhapsody? - 12/23/04 12:30 PM
I've been hooked up to this service for about a week now, and it seems like one helluva deal to me. For $10 a month you get access to every song in their library (about 500,000 I think), which you can play, stop or pause at your leisure. It's like having your own personal radio station where you get to pick and choose what you want to hear, when you want to hear it. It was nice with the headphones on my computer. But once I hooked my computer up to my receiver--oh man, I was in heaven. This is just what I was looking for--a way to drastically increase my music collection without having to buy and store a bunch bulky and overpriced cds. So does anyone have any thoughts on this service? I just think it's one of the best deals in home theater.

Posted By: SirQuack Re: Any Thoughts On Real Rhapsody? - 12/23/04 04:56 PM
never heard of it....but I do like the song Bohemian Rhapsody by Queen
Posted By: Ken.C Re: Any Thoughts On Real Rhapsody? - 12/23/04 04:58 PM
I dislike Real as a company, mainly because of their marketing tactics. Plus, let's face it, the real protocols are doodoo. Since they didn't develop the AAC format used for Rhapsody, that's probably just fine. That said, I'm glad that their service is working out for you!
Posted By: neilg Re: Any Thoughts On Real Rhapsody? - 12/23/04 07:15 PM
I've subscribed to Rhapsody for over a year and love it. I bought an external sound card for my laptop called an Extigy made by Creative Labs and the difference between that and the regular analog out is phenomenal. I've saved a lot of money in the past year not buying CDs, which will probably be out moded soon. If I hear something I like on the radio while driving in my car , I can go home and pull it out on Rhapsody... I may only listen to it once or twice... it's great, I could go on... Also, if you type in say "Route 66" it will come up with 25 different versions by different artists!... I can't understand why everyone doesn't use it... enjoy
© Axiom Message Boards