Axiom Home Page
Posted By: 2x6spds Home Theater System Almost Complete - 04/22/02 03:35 AM
I love these Axiom M50s. Sweet and big sounding speakers. I have the Merak horn tweeter center channel (call me silly, but I love it) Merak MT66 tower surrounds, and Mission 77ds bipole back surrounds thumping with a Velodyne 10" subwoofer.

The Onkyo 797 is very nice and I picked up a Denon 2 channel amp for the back surround speakers. The weakest link in the system is the nevertheless decent Panasonic RP56 DVD player. I just won an on line auction for a Toshiba SD9200 DVD player which should provide superior audio to the Panasonic and make better use of the M50s. Will report back once I try it out.
Posted By: ravi_singh Re: Home Theater System Almost Complete - 04/23/02 12:56 PM
I hear this player has problem after problem. It buzzes, shuts off after 20 minutes, cannot track many cd's or dvd's.... Let us know if you experience these problems or not. I hear that when it works, the sound is so sweet.
Posted By: 2x6spds Re: Home Theater System Almost Complete - 04/23/02 01:57 PM
Well then, its spitting out of DVDs and shutting down after 20 minutes are good things - the buzzing finally stops.
© Axiom Message Boards