Axiom Home Page
Posted By: Huck Monster MP SW200 subwoofer surge suppressor? - 02/09/05 02:06 PM
Hi: Thinking of buying this plug-in duplex surge-suppressor/filter for my single subwoofer. Is it worth the $89.99can. Thanks, Huck
You'll do just as well at Home Depot. Get their 2955 joules protector for half the money.
If you can't plug the sub into the same surge protector where your other equipment is plugged, I suppose it would be fine. Keep in mind that plugging your sub into a different circuit (NOT just a different outlet. A different outlet may, or MAY NOT be on the same circuit), can allow for the possibility of 60 Hz ground loop hum. Should that occur, a cheater plug (3 prong to 2 prong AC adapter) can usually solve the problem.

If you feel you have to have it, don't pay $89 CAD for it, unless this web site doesn't ship to Canada, or the shipping, duties, and taxes take it over that amount. $29 US converts to around $36 CAD. If you'll do a web search under "Monster MP SW200" you may find and even better price.
Thanks Ajax: Glad you found that web-site! I could save a few bucks here! Those three to two prong adaptors are frowned upon here in Canada and are illegal! Thanks, Huck
Man! They want $29.99 U.S. plus $35.00 U.S. shipping then converting the money,plus tax ....cheaper to buy here in Canada! Thanks for the help! Huck
I was afraid of that.
© Axiom Message Boards