Axiom Home Page
Posted By: TNTguy Speaker wiring guide? - 03/03/05 12:47 AM
Having never wired a HT system before, is there anywhere that shows you basically what to do with step-by-step instructions? I don't know how to connect speaker wires with bananas, etc. It's asking a bit much for someone to type all that up, so is there a site that shows you how to do stuff like this?
Posted By: pmbuko Re: Speaker wiring guide? - 03/03/05 12:54 AM
If you're not going to be disconnecting and reconnecting your speakers once they're set up correctly, then you can forego the bananas and go with bare wire. It'll sound exactly the same, and is less hassle.
Posted By: TNTguy Re: Speaker wiring guide? - 03/03/05 01:03 AM
I thought I remember someone on the board saying that bare wire is fine on the speaker end but that it does make it easier if you use bananas on the receiver end.

Part of my problem is once I have the equipment and I can look, examine, and see what goes where hopefully the old light bulb comes on. But for now, I really don't understand alot of what is what.
Posted By: Ajax Re: Speaker wiring guide? - 03/03/05 01:48 AM
Usually, the receiver's manual shows various hook up options. There is no one specific way to hook up a system. It all depends on how you want to do it. This will, at least, explain the various types of connections you can make.

Here are a couple more that will give you some suggestions:

Receiver Setup and Connections

DVD Player Setup
Posted By: Wegiz Re: Speaker wiring guide? - 03/03/05 01:49 AM
TNTguy - Check out this article entitled "Reciever Hookup Tips". It might be what you're looking for...

http://www.crutchfieldadvisor.com/S-Tu5n2qPCgRE/reviews/20030708/hookup_tips.html
Posted By: TNTguy Re: Speaker wiring guide? - 03/03/05 01:51 AM
Much thanks.
Posted By: snakeyes Re: Speaker wiring guide? - 03/03/05 02:13 AM
you can also check this out
connection guide
© Axiom Message Boards