Axiom Home Page
Posted By: rook Harmony remote w/ EP500 - 03/08/05 03:10 AM
Is there a way to turn the EP500 on/off via remote? I have the 659 remote...Denon 3805 receiver.

Thanks in advance
Posted By: rook Re: Harmony remote w/ EP500 - 03/11/05 01:32 PM
anyone??
Posted By: Capn_Pickard Re: Harmony remote w/ EP500 - 03/11/05 02:33 PM
Does the EP500 have remote capability? Or is your question more geared towards whether there is a remote function in the Denon which will permit you to turn it on and off?

If the sub has a remote on/off switch, the Harmony can "learn" any commands needed to power it up and down. I just am unaware about whether the EP500 has a remote, which makes this thread hard to comment on.

If this question is about the Denon, I would assume that there is a DSP like "straight" or "pure direct" (I'm a Yamaha owner, which has these things) that allow you to play sound only through the front 2 channels... I suspect that Denon has something analogous.

That said, if it has an infrared input, your Harmony can handle it. You just need to tell it what to say.
Posted By: Seabear Re: Harmony remote w/ EP500 - 03/11/05 02:42 PM
I do not have the Denon you have, but I do have the Harmony remote, and I would think that you could plug in a macro that will tell the Denon to turn the output signal to the sub off. Then the sub should just turn itself off, if it is not being fed a signal, right?
But, then again, I just ordered one of those MX700s that Ray recommends because I found that my Harmony remote could not handle all of the macros that i now want to configure into my system.
Plus, the Harmony is only about 6 months old and the LCD screen is already starting to act up. So, as long as I am able to make the MX700 Sweetie-Proof, the Harmony will go up on ebay.
TjB

Posted By: Capn_Pickard Re: Harmony remote w/ EP500 - 03/11/05 02:49 PM
Lost another loan to Ditech...

Loan = Harmony remote fan
DiTech = Ray

That guy's like a virus with those things. Seriously, how much are your commission checks for those things, Ray?

Posted By: Tharkun Re: Harmony remote w/ EP500 - 04/01/05 10:07 PM
The Ep 500/600 does not have remote capabiities, how ever it can be controled by using a trigger wire.
Posted By: ramzing Re: Harmony remote w/ EP500 - 04/02/05 01:39 PM
Trigger wire - not exactly sure what that is ... is that what the USB port on the EP500/600 is for?

© Axiom Message Boards