Axiom Home Page
Posted By: KC_Mike Bookshelf Suggestions - 03/16/05 04:42 AM
I am looking for a pair of bookshelf speakers and a matching center for around $900US. Looking for something in the mid to hi range, if possible.

They should be:
1.)No more than 11" deep
2.)Have excellent bass extension (as low as possible)

I have the Tannoy Eyris 1 on the short list so far. Any other suggestions would be appreciated. Thanks.
Posted By: bigjohn Re: Bookshelf Suggestions - 03/16/05 02:33 PM
how about a set of M3's?

the paradigm monitor series are pretty good to.

bigjohn

Posted By: Foghorn Re: Bookshelf Suggestions - 03/16/05 05:21 PM
None of the Axiom bookshelf speakers are more than 11" deep. I own some M22s and they are excellent. By most reports, the Axiom center channels are very good also. You can't go wrong with an Axiom bookshelf/center combo. And you can only spend $825 with the most expensive options. With that being said, it might be worth getting a listen to the Polk LSi7s if you would be willing to spend a little more. The CSi center channels from Polk are outstanding (I have a CSi5 my sister has a CSi3 and we are both very pleased) and the LSi bookshelf series has received rave reviews but the LSi7/CSi3 combo will cost over $1000 if you pay retail. Some other folks will probably chime in with some other good options (Rocket?, Ascend among others) - although it is an Axiom board so that will be the overwhelming preference expressed here - and it is a great option.
© Axiom Message Boards