Axiom Home Page
Posted By: tsgrayson Ok...I am buying Axioms but... - 03/19/05 12:44 PM
I have decided to get Axiom speakers but due to the horrible pay the Navy gives me I can only spend around 2000 - 2100 for the setup (including stands etc)...what does everyone recommend?
Posted By: bridgman Re: Ok...I am buying Axioms but... - 03/19/05 01:34 PM
How big is your room ?
Posted By: SirQuack Re: Ok...I am buying Axioms but... - 03/19/05 01:38 PM
What receiver are you planning on using. I assume this will be used for both HT and music? In that price range I think you'll have some good choices...
Posted By: tsgrayson Re: Ok...I am buying Axioms but... - 03/19/05 01:52 PM
I do not need to buy for room size because we will be buying a new home soon...I will be using the Marantz 8400
Posted By: bridgman Re: Ok...I am buying Axioms but... - 03/19/05 02:26 PM
You always have to buy for room size... it's just that sometimes you don't know how big the room's gonna be so you have to guess a little

Seriously, I understand the new house probably isn't picked out yet but are you thinking about having the system in a relatively small room (like a den etc...) or a relatively large room (1/2 the basement etc...) ?

One good indicator is the size of TV you are thinking about, since that normally affects how far away you will be from the speakers, which in turn helps to determine the best speaker size etc...
Posted By: Haoleb Re: Ok...I am buying Axioms but... - 03/19/05 06:34 PM
Just buy the biggest thing they have for that price Hey, its always worked for me.
Posted By: Ken.C Re: Ok...I am buying Axioms but... - 03/19/05 07:44 PM
sez the guy who has M80s in a 12x13 room... j/k I haven't a clue how big your room is.
Posted By: kste1974 Re: Ok...I am buying Axioms but... - 03/19/05 07:56 PM
Since you are military like me and move around a lot, I would buy as big as you can get for the budget. That way when you retire, or move into a house that was bigger than the last, you are still good.

That is my intention.
Posted By: snippy Re: Ok...I am buying Axioms but... - 03/19/05 09:50 PM
Get an Epic 60, problem solved.
Posted By: AshBoomstick Re: Ok...I am buying Axioms but... - 03/21/05 05:39 PM
woohoo! another bubblehead! and a fast attack-er i'd wager!
© Axiom Message Boards