Axiom Home Page
Posted By: hashts Pictures of Axiom Home Theaters? - 03/23/05 07:18 PM
Disclaimer: I already tried searching for pics but not much luck

Can anyone point me to a thread where people show their Axiom home theater pictures? If not, I guess we can use this one. I am aware some people have pictures on their websites and have seen them. I would like see how the different finished blend in with their equipment and furniture.

Thanks
Posted By: snakeyes Re: Pictures of Axiom Home Theaters? - 03/23/05 07:35 PM
here is the wall o fame
Posted By: hashts Re: Pictures of Axiom Home Theaters? - 03/23/05 10:29 PM
Thanks snakeyes! I knew I saw that somewhere but couldn't remember where it was.
Posted By: DallasAxiom Re: Pictures of Axiom Home Theaters? - 03/24/05 01:26 AM
Here's mine...
Posted By: tomtuttle Re: Pictures of Axiom Home Theaters? - 03/24/05 02:26 AM
Beautiful page, Yasa! Thanks for sharing!
Posted By: MiniRock Re: Pictures of Axiom Home Theaters? - 03/24/05 08:02 AM
I agree! I really like the whole set-up Yasa. Great symmetry!

Click the link in my sig to see mine. Keep in mind it's still a work in progress.
Posted By: snakeyes Re: Pictures of Axiom Home Theaters? - 03/24/05 01:00 PM
no prob. many have complained the wall o fame link is to hard to find.
Posted By: MrBill Re: Pictures of Axiom Home Theaters? - 03/24/05 01:17 PM
Here's mine.

Posted By: dougmcbride Re: Pictures of Axiom Home Theaters? - 03/24/05 06:40 PM
Here's mine as well, two - three versions out of date from recent bouts of upgrade-itis. Makes me want to update with new pics over the next couple of days.

Doug's HT

Cheers,

Doug
Posted By: F107plus5 Re: Pictures of Axiom Home Theaters? - 03/25/05 12:17 AM
If I ever sent in photos' of my set-up(not complete yet anyway) it would be followed by an endless list of statements relating as why yours shouldn't be modeled after mine.
Posted By: DallasAxiom Re: Pictures of Axiom Home Theaters? - 03/25/05 08:32 PM
Thanks for the compliments!!

I agree that Axiom photos page is too hard to find...
Posted By: MiniRock Re: Pictures of Axiom Home Theaters? - 03/26/05 05:03 PM
Maybe Amie can make it a "sticky" for the HT section.

Also, I'm surprised there aren't photo's of some of our "forum regulars" HT's like BigJohn, JohnK, Peter (pmbuko) Ajax, and a few others.
Posted By: bigjohn Re: Pictures of Axiom Home Theaters? - 03/28/05 03:18 PM
i have posted pics of mine several times, but i guess they just didnt make it to her 'Wall of Fame' deal. i think i may need to send the pics to her directly and request that she put them up. i certainly dont think there was any intentional deletion of my system on her part.

i got one, i like it, and its all good!

bigjohn
Posted By: bridgman Re: Pictures of Axiom Home Theaters? - 03/28/05 03:40 PM
As far as I know the only way to get on the Wall 'o Fame is to email pics directly to Amie and ask her to post the pics. If you do that the pics seem to appear in short order, even if your basement *does* need dusting (ie if there were a selection process I'm sure my pics would not have made the cut ).
Posted By: snakeyes Re: Pictures of Axiom Home Theaters? - 03/28/05 07:12 PM
BJ
well maybe they felt a little awkward posting with the custom pink grills because then everyone woould want them. lol
Posted By: mikedev10 Re: Pictures of Axiom Home Theaters? - 03/30/05 03:56 AM

http://www.developer10.com/users/mike/pics/index.php?cat=55
Posted By: oldskoolboarder Re: Pictures of Axiom Home Theaters? - 03/30/05 04:44 AM
OK, w/ all this "pink" bashing I have stand and be counted. Ain't nothing wrong w/ pink...done right that is.

My singlespeed cyclocross bike in all it's glory. The model is Il Pompino. Go ahead and google what that means...

Posted By: bigjohn Re: Pictures of Axiom Home Theaters? - 03/30/05 02:30 PM
beautiful pink accents!!!

thats a very interesting spoke pattern on the rims. i have never seen them that far apart before. and its a single speed? i noticed the single rear sprocket.. thats kinda weird.. what would you use a bike like this for? what type of riding?

bigjohn
Posted By: bray Re: Pictures of Axiom Home Theaters? - 03/30/05 03:23 PM
Here ya bigjohn

http://web.ask.com/redir?u=http%3a%2f%2fwww.cyclo-cross.com%2f

Click in the upper right hand corner where it says cyclo-what?
Posted By: nickbuol Re: Pictures of Axiom Home Theaters? - 03/30/05 03:40 PM
Trying to rope this thread back to pictures of Axioms...

Anyway, I have updated my home theater pictures on my web site. Please be aware that some photos are duplicates, but with different flash settings, so the colors are a little off. The wall colors (the ones that are painted) are Sterling Silver (looks like light blue in the photos) and Silver Blueberry (darker blue than what the photos show).

Note: There are several things left to do with this area, but my daughter turned 11 yesterday and we are having a surprise birthday party for her, so I was trying to get things to be usable for now until after the party and then go back and finish more.

Some things left to do:
Carpet - Right now the floor in our basement is just painted with a white sealer. Lots of reflection from the projected image, but it is temporary.

Trim - After the carpet is down, I will be adding white trim to the windows, doors, and along the bottom of the walls.

Paint - Need to paint the "screen" wall dark blue. Screen is on order, so until it gets here, the wall stays white. Need to also paint the doors and windows white, and touch up the areas where different colors of paint meet (wall/ceiling, light blue/dark blue, etc)... No matter how much I masked off, it still bled a little.

Faceplates - A few outlets need faceplates yet.

Furnature - Move more furnature in. Larger couch, end tables, etc.

Storage - Need CD/DVD storage and other usable shelves, etc for general basement stuff.

I also need to finish the entire bathroom, and then the back half of the basement. Carpet may not happen until after all of that (depending on seam locations, and my ability to keep dust down), so it may be a while before this is all done.

Anyway, click on my home theater link below, and then go to the latest construction pictures.
Posted By: MiniRock Re: Pictures of Axiom Home Theaters? - 03/30/05 09:21 PM
Cool nick! Looks like everything is coming together nicely.
Posted By: bray Re: Pictures of Axiom Home Theaters? - 04/07/05 10:10 PM
Heres my updated pic.

Posted By: oldskoolboarder Re: Pictures of Axiom Home Theaters? - 04/07/05 10:22 PM
Nice! The mansfield beech blends well w/ you stand. I tried unsuccessfully to do that.

Very symmetrical.

Not giving the GC much love underneath everything. Although mine's been MIA since I stopped playing RE4 a few months ago. I even have a BB adapter and Mario Kart but haven't had time to install warpipe to try it.

Posted By: MiniRock Re: Pictures of Axiom Home Theaters? - 04/07/05 11:15 PM
I agree, everything looks great; and, I especially like how you got the ET center to match the 60's. Love the whole layout too.
Posted By: Ray3 Re: Pictures of Axiom Home Theaters? - 04/08/05 12:14 AM
Great looking stuff Bray!!
Posted By: richeydog Re: Pictures of Axiom Home Theaters? - 04/08/05 12:23 AM
Looking good Brady. Photo is very detailed and clear. What camera are you using?
Posted By: Perfection Re: Pictures of Axiom Home Theaters? - 04/08/05 01:59 AM
I love the Beatles poster, too. I have a bigger one of the same shot, but its not nearly as stylishly presented as yours. They truly are the best band ever.
Posted By: BigWill Re: Pictures of Axiom Home Theaters? - 04/08/05 02:03 AM
"Not giving the GC much love underneath everything. Although mine's been MIA since I stopped playing RE4 a few months ago. I even have a BB adapter and Mario Kart but haven't had time to install warpipe to try it."

What the hell does that mean?

Posted By: bray Re: Pictures of Axiom Home Theaters? - 04/08/05 02:25 AM
Thanks guys.
Camera used is a Fuji S2 Pro with a 24mm Nikon lens.
The S2 and the S3 are actually Nikons tagged Fuji.

BigWil
GC refers to the Game Cube on the floor below the cabinet.
I dont know what a BB adapter ot warpipe is, but I assume they are gadgets for the Game Cube.
Posted By: nautec Re: Pictures of Axiom Home Theaters? - 04/08/05 04:26 AM
I love how you use the Gamecube to keep your entertainment center from warping in the middle
Posted By: oldskoolboarder Re: Pictures of Axiom Home Theaters? - 04/08/05 05:03 AM
BB is the ethernet adapter for the gamecube. Warpipe is an online server forum that connects gamecubers to each other so they can play multiplayer games against each other.

Funny, I didn't realize how cryptic my message would sound to non gamers.
Posted By: MarkSJohnson Re: Pictures of Axiom Home Theaters? - 04/08/05 12:22 PM
Brady:
Very, very nice setup....very clean and yet warm and "homey".
Posted By: snakeyes Re: Pictures of Axiom Home Theaters? - 04/08/05 12:36 PM
In reply to:

Not giving the GC much love underneath everything. Although mine's been MIA since I stopped playing RE4 a few months ago. I even have a BB adapter and Mario Kart but haven't had time to install warpipe to try it.

BB is the ethernet adapter for the gamecube. Warpipe is an online server forum that connects gamecubers to each other so they can play multiplayer games against each other.

Funny, I didn't realize how cryptic my message would sound to non gamers.

initially noone understood what you were saying...but now we do. lol
Jake

Posted By: bigjohn Re: Pictures of Axiom Home Theaters? - 04/08/05 02:12 PM
ya'll, i had the pleasure of going over to bray's house and hearing his system. VERY impressive. we ALL know the axiom sound, so i wont go on about that, but i was really impressed with his HSU VTF-3 sub. the dang thing is just awesome.. and it looks small in that pic, cause i swear, the thing is HUGE.

and what you cant see in the pic, is the rest of his living room. the furnishings and decor of his house are extremely cool and hip. they are manly, but stylish. there is no question he has an artists eye, and has true artistic talent. i felt priviledged that he would have me in his home, and came away with a great amount of respect for the guy. awesome person, beautiful home, and bad-A$$ system!!!

bigjohn
Posted By: bray Re: Pictures of Axiom Home Theaters? - 04/08/05 02:33 PM
John
Ya ought to hear it now.
I've done some major tweaking since you were here.
Basically I've swapped places with the sub and front right speaker.
The sub use to be on the inside of the front right.
Just by moving the sub out a little and the mains in a little, the sound stage has opened up even more and some of the peaks in the 50 Hz have smoothed out.
The mains are also towed in less than before. I also moved the entire system to the right a little. I was getting some weird sound reflections off the tiled fireplace. Gone now.

And thanks for the kind words John, you're not so bad yourself.
Posted By: Ray3 Re: Pictures of Axiom Home Theaters? - 04/08/05 02:47 PM
Jeez - you two need to get a room!!!
Posted By: bigjohn Re: Pictures of Axiom Home Theaters? - 04/08/05 03:00 PM
In reply to:

you two need to get a room

yea, i know, right?

just two good 'ole boys tryin' to get along!!

bigjohn
Posted By: mwc Re: Pictures of Axiom Home Theaters? - 04/08/05 04:09 PM
I concur! I had the pleasure of visiting bray a while back and came away with the same impressions about him and his place. It was just pleasant to be there and he makes a great cup of java to boot.
Posted By: bray Re: Pictures of Axiom Home Theaters? - 04/08/05 04:25 PM
Now its a "manashatwa".

KIDDING OF COURSE!!!

Anyway I wanted to make a point about tweaking.
DO IT!
Over the last week I have become completely amazed at what moving things around (sometimes by just 1-2 inches) can do.
I've always been wowed by my Axioms, and didnt realize it could get much better, but man, did it get better.
Look and walk around your room, testing to see what sounds are coming or refleting from where. I have found more small tweaks that dont disrupt decor. So keep tweaking guys. If anything you'll just find what doesnt work.
Get out that SPL meter.
© Axiom Message Boards