Axiom Home Page
Posted By: hashts ARGH! Damn you guys! - 03/30/05 01:31 AM
Well you guys (and gals) have finally made me do it!!! I just took the plunge and purchased M60s, VP150, and QS8s. The crazy (perhaps even foolish) thing is that I bought Axioms without ever hearing them! I know some others have done it and never looked back. I'm pretty confident they will be awesome but still quite nervous without hearing a single note from these speakers.

Also I'd like to thank all the peeps who helped me out with my decision. Now the anticipation begins...

Pics soon to follow

PS-You have converted another noob to the dark side
Posted By: Tharkun Re: ARGH! Damn you guys! - 03/30/05 01:39 AM
See you are only about 50 miles to the west. feel free to make a visit and hear my system, but you will have yours within days now. I alos made an Axiom purchase without every doing an audition and have no regrets at all. Hope you are as happy as I once your system arrives.
Posted By: oldskoolboarder Re: ARGH! Damn you guys! - 03/30/05 01:42 AM
I thought there was a local M60 owner on the audition list? I have the M22's in Menlo Park and have already had a few auditions and 2 buyers from that.

No worries, I bought them "sound unheard" and love 'em. At a minimum, you have 30 days.
Posted By: SeanF Re: ARGH! Damn you guys! - 03/30/05 02:02 AM
I did the same two years ago - I have yet to regret it.

Sean
Posted By: SirQuack Re: ARGH! Damn you guys! - 03/30/05 03:22 AM
You will soon feeeeeeel the power of the darkside, join us and we can rule the galaxy.

Randy

M60's VP150 EP350 4-Qs8's
Denon 2805
Sanyo Z2 Projector

Posted By: hashts Re: ARGH! Damn you guys! - 03/30/05 05:55 AM
Thanks for the invite Dennis. I will certainly try to drop by for any tips/hints you can offer a rookie. Part of me likes to tweak settings and the other part just wants everything to work perfect.
Posted By: Ken.C Re: ARGH! Damn you guys! - 03/30/05 06:18 AM
I'm sure we all hear you on that one... I keep meaning to recalibrate, but when I get home... urg. I just wanna watch some Bab5 or Family Guy.
Posted By: bigjohn Re: ARGH! Damn you guys! - 03/30/05 02:24 PM
congrats on the new purchase.

i bought without hearing them also. it is a risky leap to take, but a good one in my opinion. you always have the 30 day option to return them if you dont like them(highly unlikely), and where else are you gonna get a high-end speaker at these prices..?

let us know what you think, and pics are mandatory.

bigjohn
© Axiom Message Boards