Axiom Home Page
Posted By: Saint Check out my HT stuff - 04/19/05 05:27 PM
So the wiring is done for the HT...see the following photos. I've had them wire the surrounds into binding posts behind where the t.v. is to go...I had them install an in-wall splitter so the cable can go to the bedroom as well, and I've had them wire up the surrounds (painting first so no speakers yet).

Posted By: bigjohn Re: Check out my HT stuff - 04/19/05 05:30 PM
definite potential. will be nice to see the finished product.

bigjohn
Posted By: oldskoolboarder Re: Check out my HT stuff - 04/19/05 05:48 PM
If you're already running speaker cables, are you running extr RG6 for video to? Might as well if the walls are already open.

You can run extra RG6 for DirecTivo (needs 2), other sat rcvrs, cable boxes, etc. If you run 3 to a single spot, that can also be used as a shielded component run. Just some thoughts.
Posted By: Saint Re: Check out my HT stuff - 04/19/05 05:57 PM
While a good idea, it's a one bedroom apartment with a massive livingroom/diningroom area. The only other "room" (aside from the bathroom, which certainly doesn't need 5.1 ) is the bedroom where I will have no t.v.

It might have been cool to run s-video to my LCD monitor, that way I could get a single cable box, but it's completely not neccesary.

Posted By: freesey Re: Check out my HT stuff - 04/21/05 07:59 PM
I like where its going; keep the pictures coming, its fun to see stuff come together
© Axiom Message Boards