Axiom Home Page
Posted By: doreytp Outlaw Amps - 06/03/02 07:33 PM
Does anyone have any reviews or know much about these amps.
I want 4 - 2 ch amp and have seen in the posts that some of you have them. How are they? How much? etc
I have a HK510 and am going to use that as a Pre/Pro Iam going to use one for the front L/R one other for the centre in a bridged mode and the other two as rears one for now the I am going to upgrade to a proper Pre/Pro and add the other 2 ch for my 7.1.
I am in the process of buying the M80's for fronts and the VP150 as a centre. Not sure about the rears yet.

Thanks for your time
Posted By: ravi_singh Re: Outlaw Amps - 06/03/02 08:26 PM
Outlaw makes excellent products, though I don't think they make amps less than 5 channel. I believe my next amp / sound processor purchase will be Outlaw equipment once I can sell my Denon 1602.

Outlaw is a lot like Axiom, they also have a 30 day money back guarantee, not including the shipping charges.
Posted By: Jimbo Re: Outlaw Amps - 06/05/02 06:18 PM
doreytp-
I don't know about Outlaw amps, but I do have an Anthem MCA II amp. It produces 270 watts per channel into two channels in stereo mode at a 4 ohm load. It's distortion is rated at 0.001% THD. It is a very clean amp and I would recommend it to anyone. I've just begun to build my system and will purchase another one(3 way) to run my center and rears. The amp is made by a company called Sonic Frontiers and was purchased at a high end store in Houston. The web site is www.anthemav.com, I hope this helps. Let me know if you have any specific questions.

Posted By: jkohn Re: Outlaw Amps - 06/05/02 06:34 PM
4 amplifiers, I hope you have plenty of space available in your rack/cabinet.

I just purchased an Outlaw 770, which is a 7-channel amp with 200 watts/channel at 8 ohms (300w at 4 ohms). I think that would be plenty of power, the Axioms are fairly efficient speakers, I would think bridging an amp for the center would be overkill. I don't think you can get more amplification for your buck than the Outlaw amps, unless you're lucky enough to find a really good deal on some used amps.

Posted By: doreytp Re: Outlaw Amps - 06/05/02 07:15 PM
Yeh but problem is I live in Canada and Sonic Frontiers does not deal with us, but I will check in on the Anthem

Thanks
© Axiom Message Boards