Axiom Home Page
Posted By: ashwaga111 You say Tomato, I say Tomoto - 05/11/05 01:32 AM
Here's the deal. I have the Epic60 500 on the way. (Thats one down) picked up the WD-62725 Mitsu. yesterday (thats two down)
Sunfire Ultimate Rec. or the NAD T163-T193 combo? I was ready to "order" the S.U.R. this afternoon when i got back into town from a short 30mi trip to a nearby town. While there i stopped at what is the biggest dealer within 80mi to pick up new wire & cables. They are a Sunfire dealer but had nothing SF in stock. In the HT show room they had the T163 & T973 running the show. Long story short, HELP!! I feel that i would be pleased with either. The cost is to close to influence the decision. I have been close to the point of obession (thats what she called it) I know there's alot more out there to choose from, but it will be one of these two romancing my Axioms. I would like to hear any of your thoughts or opinions on this "silly" & "does it really matter" dilemma. Had to get one more DIG in.

Thamks TFW
Posted By: Wid Re: You say Tomato, I say Tomoto - 05/11/05 01:50 AM

I don't know which one to tell ya to choose but you can find the Nad combo you are looking for here at a pretty good discount.
Posted By: KC_Mike Re: You say Tomato, I say Tomoto - 05/11/05 07:38 AM
Either will surely please. The SUR has a little more power but we are talking around a 1.5db difference; not that significant. I would also take a look at the differences between functions & features.

Lastly, if it were me, I would bug the hell out of the store owner/manager to get a SUR in stock so you could compare the SUR and NAD for yourself. I don't understand how any retail establishment can be a dealer of a certain brand yet not have any of their products available to demo. Do they really expect somebody to pay $3695 without giving it a listen first? Madness.

Posted By: Newf Re: You say Tomato, I say Tomoto - 05/11/05 01:06 PM
actually, that is the same problem I have here with everything I buy. They won't bring in the nice stuff unless it's paid for first which I practically refuse to do.

I'm in a situation now where I would like to get my hands on a 3805 and compare the sound to my carver seperates to see if it's good enough for a room I'm building. The 3805 I might be able to audition, but if it doesn't sound good enough, anything more $$$ will be hard for me to hear before hand.
Posted By: magre Re: You say Tomato, I say Tomoto - 05/11/05 05:24 PM
Have you checked out the new Denon 5805. It is a little more expensive then what you are looking at, but it packs a ton of features.

http://www.audioholics.com/productreviews/avhardware/DenonAVR5805p1.php
Posted By: ravi_singh Re: You say Tomato, I say Tomoto - 05/11/05 06:03 PM
you could also check out outlaw audio products - no need to drive anywhere to pick them up

www.outlawaudio.com
© Axiom Message Boards