Axiom Home Page
Posted By: darren700 what grille colour - 05/29/05 12:18 AM
im buying the m60's in mansfield beech, and i cant decide between the black grille and the gold ones. i am buying the beech colour because my etertainment unit and my computer desk are both beech, and im wondering which would look better, anyone have the gold? is it as "pink" as it looks?
Posted By: bugbitten Re: what grille colour - 05/29/05 12:22 AM
Need photos for this. Like This thread. Color?
Posted By: darren700 Re: what grille colour - 05/29/05 12:30 AM
nice room, setup, but wrong colour, i want too see what the gold looks like, thnx anyways

Posted By: bugbitten Re: what grille colour - 05/29/05 12:32 AM
No, we need a picture of YOUR setup.
Posted By: bray Re: what grille colour - 05/29/05 12:37 AM
Here is a comparison

The one with the black is how it is now.
Hope this helps.
Posted By: RickF Re: what grille colour - 05/29/05 12:44 AM
Bray, I must tell you that the black grills look so much better than the light colored grills...to me anyway. Very nice setup you have there!
Posted By: bray Re: what grille colour - 05/29/05 12:52 AM
Thanks.
I didnt like the gold grills at all.
The HSU VTF3 MKII sounds a lot better than the old Velodyne too.
Posted By: RickF Re: what grille colour - 05/29/05 12:55 AM
The HSU looks better with the speakers and black grills also. I really like the way your system and room all flow together, very nice!

I'm going to be looking at the HSU VTF3 MK3 in the future, I'm thinking.
Posted By: darren700 Re: what grille colour - 05/29/05 01:53 AM
the only reason i dont want to go black is cause how the qs8's look, like its all black with only one strip of beech....
Posted By: richeydog Re: what grille colour - 05/29/05 01:56 AM
Yahoo I agree with brotherbob. The gold grills make the room look monochrome and blah. The pink, er.. I mean black grills provide a nice contrast for your room.
Posted By: darren700 Re: what grille colour - 05/29/05 01:57 AM
ya and i have a hsu sub too (stf-2) but i still cant get over how bad the qs8's look all black, anyone have a comment on this? do they look better in person?
Posted By: RickF Re: what grille colour - 05/29/05 02:26 AM
In reply to:

ya and i have a hsu sub too (stf-2) but i still cant get over how bad the qs8's look all black, anyone have a comment on this? do they look better in person?

Whos says just because the mains have black grills that the surrounds must also have black grills?

Man, whenever it come to these kinds of decisions, you have to ultimately be the judge....none of us have to live with the speakers on a daily basis.
Posted By: richeydog Re: what grille colour - 05/29/05 02:30 AM
Good point Rick. Gold grills on the qs8's might be alright. Darren, is naked an option for you? Your qs8's that is?
Posted By: darren700 Re: what grille colour - 05/29/05 02:52 AM
ya i guess i could go naked with em as they would be mounted on the wall in my room, i guess ill just go with black, and if i cant stand it on the qs8's then ill just have em naked or order another 2 grills....thnx much for your help all
Posted By: bray Re: what grille colour - 05/29/05 03:07 AM
I left the gold grills on the Qs.
Order the M60s with the black and order the Qs with the gold.
Posted By: BrenR Re: what grille colour - 05/29/05 07:23 AM
In reply to:

im buying the m60's in mansfield beech, and i cant decide between the black grille and the gold ones.

I own Mansfield Beech M3s, VP150, and 3 QS4s... I bought gold grilles, but the only ones that live on the speakers are the QS4 woofer grilles (to keep crap out of the top woofer - I like them for those, being the only grilles on would look a bit weird to draw attention to them. The rest were bought with gold grilles so I'd never get the idea to put them on.

If you want to be a workaholic, have a naggy wife at home.
If you want to make sure you never slip and decide to put your grilles on, buy them in an ugly colour.

Honestly, though I don't think I've seen a grille cloth I've ever really liked, so I'm probably not the guy to ask. The black and charcoal (custom) both look good on Mansfield Beech though.

Bren R.
Posted By: darren700 Re: what grille colour - 05/30/05 01:24 AM
i think i might get black for it all, but when i buy the qs8's in a couple months maybe i could get the black grills for the front and gold for the top and bottom, which i think would look good, im just wondering if when i order (ill call) if they will let me get two different colours, but if not, then ill order the custom two top ones ($30 for a pair, so $60) i think that it would look great though....
Posted By: bigjohn Re: what grille colour - 05/31/05 01:49 PM
if you notice to on bray's pic.. not only did he improve from the velodyne cht-10 to the HSU STF-3, but his plant on the fireplace also grew about a foot..

that is a kick-a$$ system.. i know 'first-hand'.. and the pic dont hardly even do it justice!!

bigjohn
Posted By: shag Re: what grille colour - 06/01/05 03:58 PM
I too had the same thoughts about the grill color. Check out the link in my sig. I have the gold grill and was thinking if the black would look better. I haven't really decided yet, but since I already have the gold ones, thats what I'm sticking with.
Posted By: varkha Re: what grille colour - 06/01/05 04:54 PM
My Axiom Setup. As you can see I have that all-black setup and I like it. It does not distruct from the video and looks quite great with the lights on. I plan to add matching spikes to the sub so that they look even more "related.
Posted By: darren700 Re: what grille colour - 06/01/05 07:32 PM
hmm, since i have a black wall (star trek mural my dad painted) and the hsu, i think imma go black just for that nice contrast (etertainemnt unit & desk are beech)
© Axiom Message Boards