Axiom Home Page
Posted By: dbbx0 Help on analyzing sub response - 06/04/05 04:33 AM
Gents,

I hope to get some advice regarding this frequency response.

I just got my RadioShack digital meter and gathered some data. I have M60Ti (set to large filtered at 80Hz), VP150 (Small at 80Hz), QS8s (Small at 100Hz). I have the 20-39 Pc Plus and using 20Hz subsonic filter.

This is my first time calibrating and just need some advice. Can anyone please help me analyzing this freq response. I got the sinewaves and excel spreadsheet here (thanks for the sources).

Any advice, suggestions or help would really be appreciated.

Thanks

Posted By: JohnK Re: Help on analyzing sub response - 06/04/05 08:23 AM
DB, your curve looks quite good except for that depression around 40-50Hz and indicates that your room dimensions may be favorable. You say M60s are set "large filtered at 80Hz", but large is a full-range unfiltered setting, so could you clarify that point? For example, if the M60s are running full-range it's possible that at certain distances from the 20-39 and frequencies they can possibly conflict and cause a partial null in the overall bass response, such as appears around 40-50Hz.
Posted By: bridgman Re: Help on analyzing sub response - 06/04/05 02:07 PM
That sounds like a Harmon Kardon setting... "mains are large but a copy of everything below 80 hz goes to the subwoofer as well".

I second what JohnK says... if the above is correct and you have the patience for a second set of measurements, try setting the mains to "small" and that may probably improve the response.
© Axiom Message Boards