Axiom Home Page
Posted By: moorejh Patiently waiting... - 07/08/05 04:39 AM
Ok maybe not so patient...I got my new NAD T773 today. I couldn’t believe how big the box was that it came in and how heavy the unit is. What a fine looking receiver. I can’t wait to hook it up. I don’t have the heart to hook it up to my old crappy speakers. I’m afraid of the disappointment. Hopefully my new Axioms will be here next week. Man this is killing me!!!

Posted By: TNTguy Re: Patiently waiting... - 07/08/05 05:53 AM
I think you will be a very happy man here in about a week.
Posted By: SirQuack Re: Patiently waiting... - 07/08/05 12:54 PM
Congrats man, you'll be one happy dude very soon

Welcome aboard.....
Posted By: F107plus5 Re: Patiently waiting... - 07/08/05 01:14 PM
I have found, that when Axiom speakers are the items in shipping; that the words "patiently" and "Waiting" don't go very well together!!

I remember the Chicken Pox.

I remember the Measles.

I remember the first day I had to be away from home over night.

I remember waiting for my speakers to arrive.
Posted By: PsychoPete Re: Patiently waiting... - 07/08/05 02:35 PM
Mine were supposed to arrive today but are held up in customs. I'm told they may arrive Monday...Right in the middle of Hurricane Dennis. Doh !
Posted By: lomb7 Re: Patiently waiting... - 07/08/05 02:55 PM
Well...you'll just have to turn up the sound really load to hear them over the wind and rain.

Good luck, I hope your place does not get damaged.
Posted By: moorejh Re: Patiently waiting... - 07/08/05 04:02 PM
Its only been a week and a half since I ordered them and it seems like its been a month or longer.

Question...I ordered several pieces (2-M60's, 1-VP150, 4-QS8's with 4 stands). They all have different delivery times. Will I get an email with a tracking number for each as they are shipped? I havent received any tracking numbers yet.
Posted By: Tarun Re: Patiently waiting... - 07/08/05 04:21 PM
If you take advantage of the 5% discount then all items are shipped together. You basically get all tracking numbers a the same time. Assume that the packages will ship sooner rather then later.

I know the wait part is killing.....but good comes to those who wait. I can testify to that.
Posted By: PsychoPete Re: Patiently waiting... - 07/08/05 04:21 PM
Did you order from the outlet ? Mine were ordered from the outlet with a 6 week wait for the QS8's and less wait time for the M80's, 150 and EP500. It took 3 weeks for everything to ship. It all shipped together.
Posted By: snakeyes Re: Patiently waiting... - 07/08/05 04:23 PM
typically they ship them together. With FO products take the longest wait time plus the shortest divide by 2 and that will be your delivery date.
Posted By: MarkSJohnson Re: Patiently waiting... - 07/08/05 04:24 PM
Moore:

They all ship together.

On what did you base your expected delivery time if you haven't received a "shipped" notofication yet?
Posted By: snakeyes Re: Patiently waiting... - 07/08/05 04:25 PM
he is refering to the FO wait times.
Posted By: PsychoPete Re: Patiently waiting... - 07/08/05 04:27 PM
Where do you live in Louisiana ?
Posted By: moorejh Re: Patiently waiting... - 07/08/05 06:20 PM
I grew up in Baton Rouge and now live just outside of town in Denham Springs.

I did buy them from the FO store and as you said I was basing my ship dates on the individual item wait times. The longest was the QS8's at 6 weeks and the shortest was the QS8 stands at 1 week. The M60's were listed at 2 weeks so I was hoping they would come in next week.
Posted By: sssutherland Re: Patiently waiting... - 07/08/05 06:29 PM
If I am not mistaken you can ask AXIOM to ship seperately. The standard is to wait till all are ready. Give em a call and see what they can do. They are after all customer service intelligent. AKA real people that understand our little issues and do everything in their power to remedy them.

Posted By: TNTguy Re: Patiently waiting... - 07/08/05 06:35 PM
In reply to:

Right in the middle of Hurricane Dennis.

Who comes up with these names? Hurricane Dennis? It's a hurricane right? Shouldn't it be something scarier, like Hurricane Vito? Hurricane Hitchcock?
Posted By: Tarun Re: Patiently waiting... - 07/08/05 06:36 PM
I once heard that the names are kept in alphabetical order based on people that work in the weather service that tracks these things.....

Posted By: MarkSJohnson Re: Patiently waiting... - 07/08/05 06:38 PM
In reply to:

They are after all customer service intelligent.

But I think that the multi-item order discount that's offered is based upon the discount they get from the carrier... if they break that up, they pay more for shipping and would not be able to offer the discount.

I'm not saying "don't check", I just don't think it works that way...
Posted By: Tarun Re: Patiently waiting... - 07/08/05 06:42 PM
Mark is correct.
The 5% discount is based on a discount given to Axiom by FEDEX when they ship 5 packages to you.

Posted By: Ken.C Re: Patiently waiting... - 07/08/05 07:54 PM
Well, if you can get the website up, here (nhc.noaa.gov) is the official hurrican name site, complete with info. I don't think it's currently based on employee names, but I could be wrong, since the site is down. Probably due to Dennis.
Posted By: F107plus5 Re: Patiently waiting... - 07/09/05 10:54 AM
Yeah Guys;(you know who you are)

Here comes hurricane season again!

I just hope it's not like last year where we evacuated THREE times, and I took my M3s with me each time!! This year I have M50s........

Oh...and to PsychoPete; I was looking into Fedex as an emergency vehicle.....gee, dosen't look promisingdoes it?
Posted By: RickF Re: Patiently waiting... - 07/09/05 11:03 AM
In reply to:

Here comes hurricane season again!

Seems like the season is getting started pretty early this year, usually it seems like they wait until late August and September to show up. Last year during Jeanne we stayed home, a block and a half off of the beach in Vero Beach...I peeked outside during the 120 mph windspeeds and couldn't believe just how liquid the huge oak trees looked, those things we're really swinging in the breeze!
Posted By: F107plus5 Re: Patiently waiting... - 07/09/05 11:21 AM
We were extreemly lucky up here in Melbourne.....you guys really got nailed down there in Vero

We stayed at our daughters' slightly stronger home a few miles north of us, but also near the water. We felt the closer we could get to the historicaly hurricane-free Cape, the better off we, and our speakers, would be

But yup, this is a bit early ain't it? Hope last year was a fluke!
Posted By: RickF Re: Patiently waiting... - 07/09/05 11:33 AM
Melbourne? Wow, F107 you are just up the road a few miles...I didn't realize there was anybody from the board this close!

Hopefully we'll all luck out this year. I have a co-worker from the Pensacola area and do believe his home is about to get hammered once again. Poor folks up there have been hit very hard as of late.
Posted By: PsychoPete Re: Patiently waiting... - 07/09/05 11:39 AM
Well, it looks like we're (New Orleans) in the clear for this one. It's a good thing because little tropical storm Cindy spanked us pretty good a few days ago. I feel bad for you guys in the Florida panhandle. It looks like another bad year.
I bet someone tossed their Bose system into the Gulf when they got their Axioms and angered the Hurricane Gods. Some M50's would probably calm them down. After Dennis passes we'll meet in Panama City on the beach for the "ceremony".....don't forget to bring your speakers.
Posted By: F107plus5 Re: Patiently waiting... - 07/09/05 03:20 PM
Well guys: it does look like the panhandle area is in for it yet again!

And Yes, hopefully New Orleans won't get hit once more It must be a bit daunting being below sea level and watching something like that on it's way!!

The party after the storm sounds like a good idea! Only fear is, that for those of us who have to go back south again, we'll probably get nailed by two more storms on the way back!!
© Axiom Message Boards