Axiom Home Page
Posted By: pfillion Best 'affordable' Subwoofer for the M22ti ? - 10/02/05 12:09 AM
Hello everyone,

I'm trying to find the best affordable Subwoofer for the M22ti, so far my choice is the Polk PSW404 as I can have it for around 475$ CND (Taxes included.)

My budget is limited and I don't want to spend more than 500$ CND. Any other suggestions ?

Thx in advance.

Patrick

i suggest the hsu stf-2 pretty damn decent subwoofer, however it might stretch your budget abit, its like $550cdn at www.hi-fidelity.com (cdn HSU Distrubutor)
If you are unable to budget the stf-2, then a hsu stf-1 for $400 canadian is also available at hi-fidelity.com. Can you tell us the size of room you plan on using this in?
also that polk 404 only extends to 32hz +/- 3 db, the Hsu Stf-2 goes down to 25hz +/- 2db which is a pretty big difference
Yes Patrick, if you want to hold it to the $400CDN area, the STF-1 or similar Outlaw LFM-2 would be a good choice. The slightly bigger Acoustech H-100, also designed with input from Dr. Hsu, would be another possibility.
The size of my room is 12' X 14'

Patrick
Given your smallish room size i think the stf-1 may be large enough to produce good impact for movies and music. The only thing that concerns me is its inability to play into the 20's(hz) like its bigger brother the stf-2.

I would give the Good Dr. a house call and see what he recommends. I did the same a while back and was told the stf-2 would be the right choice for my room.(13x18x10) Try it and tell us what you think.

Does someone know if there's an HSU dealer in the Montreal area ?

Patrick
call the number at hi-fedelity.com and you can find a dealer near you
Posted By: Wid Re: Best 'affordable' Subwoofer for the M22ti ? - 10/02/05 09:28 PM

In this thread it will tell you how to get in touch with a dealer in Montreal.
Finally I bought the HSU STF-2, I will have it tomorrow

So far I'm VERY impressed by the M22ti !
That is a very good combo. I'm sure you will be happy with it.
Posted By: Wid Re: Best 'affordable' Subwoofer for the M22ti ? - 10/06/05 10:25 AM
That's going to be a great combo, let us know what you think.
© Axiom Message Boards