Axiom Home Page
Posted By: craig0 ceiling mount for QS4's? - 10/09/05 03:51 PM
I need to mount my QS4 surrounds on the ceiling. What are my options for mounting brackets?

Thanks,

Craig
Posted By: Ajax Re: ceiling mount for QS4's? - 10/09/05 04:32 PM
Some have used the Axiom Full Metal Bracket. Though it isn't shown on the web page, they can be used for ceiling mounting.

Others have used OmniMounts.
Posted By: craig0 Re: ceiling mount for QS4's? - 10/09/05 05:02 PM
The Omnimount looks good, but the speaker reference chart on the Omnimount site is useless...This is what they show for Axiom speaker models??????::

Select the your speaker model from the list below.
AX 1.2 AX 1.2 center
AX 1.5 AX 1.5 book
AX 2 AX 2 book
AX 2+2 AX 3
AX 5

Posted By: pizoni Re: ceiling mount for QS4's? - 10/09/05 05:37 PM
Hi!

I used FMB(Axiom) with great succes for my QS8.

Regards,
Octavian
Posted By: alan Re: ceiling mount for QS4's? - 10/09/05 06:04 PM
Hi Pizoni and Craig0,

Until Axiom's ceiling mount bracket is ready (not yet), I usually don't recommend the FMB for ceiling mounting. How did you do it?

Craig0: the Omnimount Series 10 ceiling mount bracket just happens to fit the thread of the bolt thing on the rear baffle of the QS4s. Maybe there's some trick to using the FMB for ceiling installation that I'm not aware of.

Regards,
Posted By: Newf Re: ceiling mount for QS4's? - 10/09/05 06:47 PM
I have one of mine ceiling mounted as well.

I just looked for the picture of one in the gallery here....can't find it anywhere. They had one in the more details section somewhere that showed it attached to a ceiling. That is how I knew it would work before I ordered it.

Posted By: Ajax Re: ceiling mount for QS4's? - 10/09/05 07:02 PM
You can't see it in this picture, but the Full Metal Brackets are attached to the bottoms of joists which are a couple of inches above the dropped ceiling. Daphoid just cut a hole in the ceiling tile to allow for the shaft of the FMB.

Posted By: SirQuack Re: ceiling mount for QS4's? - 10/09/05 10:31 PM
This is what I did for my Qs8's as nothing else had the clearance for me to let the top driver breath I went to Menards (like Lowes, or Home Depot) and found these shelf brackets that had plastic covers on the back. Worked great for conceiling the wires.

Randy

Posted By: Newf Re: ceiling mount for QS4's? - 10/10/05 12:36 AM
funny, can't find the picture I was talking about anywhere. It was a ceiling shot, and it was in the gallery on the USA page for the FMB or QS8

Perhaps they moved it with the new ceiling bracket thing coming out that alan mentioned. 1st I heard of it actually.

Posted By: Rebulx Re: ceiling mount for QS4's? - 10/10/05 03:38 AM
I used 2" inch galvanized pipe and dropped the qs8 about 2 feet down, allowing the top speaker to breathe a little better. I also used and 45 degree angle to flare it out at me. After I wrapped it in 3 inch white duck tape it looked pretty good. I will have pics soon. The best part is that it only cost about $5.00! Call me cheap
Posted By: Newf Re: ceiling mount for QS4's? - 10/10/05 04:06 PM

I would like to have more clearance for the top woofer. But with it angled down, it's really not that bad. I was at the mercy of installing the qs8's wherever there was a stud, and in this location, it had to be from a ceiling.
© Axiom Message Boards