Axiom Home Page
Posted By: craig0 Drilling into my QS-4's for Omnimount 10.0 - 10/26/05 12:53 PM
Has anyone mounted their QS-4's using an Omnimount 10.0?

It would seem I am going to have to drill the QS-4's in order to use this mount. The srews provided are #14 3/4"......Is 3/4" too long? I don't want to pierce a driver by mistake.

Would be great if anyone had pictures of QS-4's with an Omnimount 10.0 ceiling mount?

Thanks,

Craig
Posted By: alan Re: Drilling into my QS-4's for Omnimount 10.0 - 10/26/05 02:35 PM
Hi Craig0,

Do your QS4s have the integrated bolt on the rear baffle that fits the Omnimount Series 10 mount (and also our Full Metal Bracket). Older model QS4s or 8s do not have that bolt so you may have to drill into the rear baffle. Stay a couple of inches away from the binding-post assembly (the crossover is mounted to it inside). You could likely use slightly shorter wood screws if you want, like 1/2-inch or 5/8th inch.

Regards,
Unfortunately they do not have the integrated bolt. Yes I picked up some 5/8" screws to use. I plan to drill in near the top of the speaker (well away from the baffle)....wish me luck ...
© Axiom Message Boards