Axiom Home Page
Posted By: steveo3818 Finally, My HT is Done! (for now!) - 11/20/05 07:53 AM
Well I finally got a home for my Axioms. It took almost 6 months, but this thursday, my contractor finally finished the job.

http://www.sccomputerguys.com/qdesign/ent_center/ent_cntr.htm

Posted By: St_PatGuy Re: Finally, My HT is Done! (for now!) - 11/20/05 08:00 AM
Very nice looking room, Steve.
Posted By: pmbuko Re: Finally, My HT is Done! (for now!) - 11/20/05 08:07 AM
Oh no! You put your speakers in cabinets? Ahhhhh!

But seriosuly, that's a really nice setup and I can see why you're proud. Looks great, and a fantastic compromise with your other (better?) half.
Posted By: Sutter Cane Re: Finally, My HT is Done! (for now!) - 11/20/05 08:46 AM
Nice job Steve, looks real sharp.

Sutter
Posted By: lkv_11 Re: Finally, My HT is Done! (for now!) - 11/20/05 09:14 AM
Steve,

Very nice and clean looking entertainment center! It's the highlight of the living room, and it seems to fit so nicely with the decor and furniture too. It's too bad you have to conceal the speakers cuz they look so darn good.

Just curious, is that black fabric in front of the speakers (bottom pic) or do you open the cabinets everytime you listen to the speakers?

Posted By: F107plus5 Re: Finally, My HT is Done! (for now!) - 11/20/05 11:42 AM
Wow!...nice lookin' system Steve, very impressive

I know what you mean about WAF and speakers in cabinets Got the same situation But yeah, no question: "A happy Wife...!"

Looking at your room lay-out though, I'd wager that your speakers are allowed to perform much bettern' mine!! At the very least; if they don't sound better, they sure "LOOK" better!! Great job!

Rich.
Posted By: SirQuack Re: Finally, My HT is Done! (for now!) - 11/20/05 02:42 PM
I'm with ya peter, the setup looks trick. However, I would think by having the speakers within cabinets will sacrifice sound. Especially, how is the low freq's going to filter into the room from the mains from the bass ports if they are trapped. I know Alan and others have said this is a big no no, why else would we leave them certain distances from walls/corners.

Still looks nice though....congrats Steve

Randy

Posted By: COACH2369 Re: Finally, My HT is Done! (for now!) - 11/20/05 06:10 PM
Are their any problems with your link? I tried to view your pictures but I was unable to.
Posted By: michael_d Re: Finally, My HT is Done! (for now!) - 11/20/05 06:27 PM
Sounds as if he can knock out the panneling behind the speakers and I bet he'd get close to 100% out of them.

Looks outstanding!
Posted By: twopecker Re: Finally, My HT is Done! (for now!) - 11/20/05 09:20 PM
Worried about WAF...but have a lego tie figher above your tv? Im guessing she's very understanding =)

Very nice looking setup too
Posted By: sssutherland Re: Finally, My HT is Done! (for now!) - 11/20/05 09:57 PM
I'm so not showing this great setup to my wife. I've got her convinced that the speakers have to be stand alone.

I kept looking at the first couple of photos and going, "Dude, Where are the speakers in this home theater?"

Really nice job at concealment.

How does it sound?

Do you feel like the Qs8's are too close to you or do they blend nicely.

Thanks for sharing

Posted By: dllewel Re: Finally, My HT is Done! (for now!) - 11/20/05 10:09 PM
Very nice room. Done extremely well. I love the cabinetry.
Posted By: steveo3818 Re: Finally, My HT is Done! (for now!) - 11/20/05 10:13 PM
Thanks for the kudos on my set-up. Yes, I was very concerned about concealing the speakers because of performance factors. One good thing is that in every area where the speakers are located, it is open-air to the back, so there is roughly 3ft of clearance from the back of the M60's to the wall. I did some "testing" with doors open and doors closed. I could not detect a significant decline in audio inteligibility.

My next task is getitng my QS8's wall mounted. I feel that my front stage is perfect, but my surround placement doesn't utilize the QS8's abilities to bring out the depth of a HT experience.

I have to agree with all the comments about showing off the speakers. I would rather have them in the open than concealed but what I want and what is reality are 2 different things. Cool thing is that my wife is down for another subwoofer...

Thanks all for the comments,

Steve
Posted By: COACH2369 Re: Finally, My HT is Done! (for now!) - 11/20/05 11:11 PM
I was finally able to bring up your pics. Indeed the setup looks very nice. I can relate 100% with the WAF factor when it came to final look of my theater.
© Axiom Message Boards