Axiom Home Page
Posted By: Worfzara DVD formats for my next purchase??????? - 11/26/05 01:23 PM
Good day all

I want to upgrade my DVD player. I am currently using a $150ish Pioneer player today. I am seriously considering the Rotel RDV1060, to match my RSP-1066 and RB-976. The reviews on this unit are fantastic and I think it would make a nice addition to an almost complete system (I did say almost).

The Rotel 1066 doesn’t have HDMI/DVI out put only the standard composite, S-Video, and component.

The question; is this something that I am going to miss, do I need it? Is the picture that much better through this format? Would component out of a $1200 Rotel be comparable to HDMI out of $200 Samsung, LG or Pioneer, etc.

I am planning to live with the Rotel for a few years at least (due to the cost). Any incite would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks

pn

I cant really answer your question but I can give you a little comparison. I recently upgraded a 2 year old Pioneer Progressive scan DVD player to my current Samsung Progressive scan HDMI DVD player. http://www.crutchfield.com/S-tET5pWaIPiE/cgi-bin/ProdView.asp?g=54400&I=305DVDH850&search=DVD+Players

The samsung was about the same price as the player that I bought 2 years ago but I can tell you that the picture Quility is much better on the Samsung.

My advice for what its worth. Dont spend alot of money on the "upconversion" Dvd players because the true HD players and HD Dvd's will be out sooner or later.
Comparison Test

Posted By: dakkon Re: DVD formats for my next purchase??????? - 11/28/05 03:59 AM
denon 2910. thats what most of the people at ces use as a dvd player, including krell, macintosh. and other major manufactures...
© Axiom Message Boards